Unable to get .duc file working on DraStic

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
MPFive
Unable to get .duc file working on DraStic

Post by MPFive » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:37 pm

Hey everybody,

So I downloaded a save file from GameFAQs for Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective cause as I was playing through, got to chapter 6 and for whatever reason it went back to my home screen. Went back in, back to chapter 4. Fuck Im not doing 2 chapters again. I'll just download a save file and go to the chapter in question again.

So I downloaded from Here and put the file in the save states folder. No dice. Ok, maybe delete the old one and try again. Nope. Wait, silly me, I have to rename it to the exact name, how else is it gonna do it? Copy name, change save file... no.

I must be in the wrong spot, but I can't find another folder. Any help please?

Jay Haru

Re: Unable to get .duc file working on DraStic

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:27 pm

MPFive wrote:Hey everybody,

So I downloaded a save file from GameFAQs for Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective cause as I was playing through, got to chapter 6 and for whatever reason it went back to my home screen. Went back in, back to chapter 4. Fuck Im not doing 2 chapters again. I'll just download a save file and go to the chapter in question again.

So I downloaded from Here and put the file in the save states folder. No dice. Ok, maybe delete the old one and try again. Nope. Wait, silly me, I have to rename it to the exact name, how else is it gonna do it? Copy name, change save file... no.

I must be in the wrong spot, but I can't find another folder. Any help please?
only files recognized by DraStic are backup saves (.dsv) and savestates (.dss). You may need a converter if that save is an ingame save but if that is a type of savestate, then idunno if its possible to import it to drastic. also, just a tip from a fellow gamer who forgets to save at one point or another, save often :D
Behold my mighty

MPFive

Post by MPFive » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:32 am

Ah Ok, thanks for that. Its just a normal save file (Not a savetate). Any good converters you trust?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:02 am

MPFive wrote:Ah Ok, thanks for that. Its just a normal save file (Not a savetate). Any good converters you trust?
sorry, ive nothing to recommend as i only use drastic. i do remember a thread with regards to this.
Behold my mighty

jp3

Post by jp3 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:45 am

here is the save file converter i use for nds ;)
Google -> Unique Geeks Save Converters

idk if the coverted file will work for you . it did not work all the times for me .
btw i use Action replay as source for the duc file and desemume as target in order to be converted to dsv .
You can do some tests yourself though..