can't use MIC on mario & luigi : dowser's inside story

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Lordus
Re: can't use MIC on mario & luigi : dowser's inside story

Post by Lordus » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:04 am

awk wrote:it's just a bit weirdly designed, the red cross just means that the sound isn't being produced at the moment; you need to hold your finger on the button for as long as you need the "blow" noise produced.

It should work with and without the device microphone enabled; it's just a bit of a weird button, it confused me at first too.
Thanks, i didn't notice. The cross shouldn't have been there, of course.

The device mic always works, if it's enabled in the options. You don't have to push the mic button. Just try to blow into it without touching the button.
In fact, while you push it, the input from the real mic will be ignored and just some noise is fed to the game - to simulate blowing into the mic.

If the real mic input is not recognized by the game, then first disable the mic in the options and then press the mic button in-game.

mehdi.moha

Post by mehdi.moha » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:38 am

Lordus wrote:
awk wrote:it's just a bit weirdly designed, the red cross just means that the sound isn't being produced at the moment; you need to hold your finger on the button for as long as you need the "blow" noise produced.

It should work with and without the device microphone enabled; it's just a bit of a weird button, it confused me at first too.
Thanks, i didn't notice. The cross shouldn't have been there, of course.

The device mic always works, if it's enabled in the options. You don't have to push the mic button. Just try to blow into it without touching the button.
In fact, while you push it, the input from the real mic will be ignored and just some noise is fed to the game - to simulate blowing into the mic.

If the real mic input is not recognized by the game, then first disable the mic in the options and then press the mic button in-game.

thank you

but still not working for me !!!!! :(

real mic input not recognized by the game , so i disabled the mic on the option ,.. and still ptessing the mic button is not working on my game :(

my phone is xperia play
game is marrio and luigi bowserr inside story :((
the problem : bowser can't blowing the fire from his mouth ...

i love this game soooo much , please help me

======================
also the xperia play touch pad worsking crazy !! it detected , but hang on one direction !!

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:56 am

you could try blowing on the mic with something akin to white noise (something like a the sound effect of air blowing in some games combined when blowing air at the mic). at least thats what i did when i was stuck on that part of the game. took my breath away :/
Behold my mighty

mehdi.moha

Post by mehdi.moha » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:19 am

Jay Haru wrote:you could try blowing on the mic with something akin to white noise (something like a the sound effect of air blowing in some games combined when blowing air at the mic). at least thats what i did when i was stuck on that part of the game. took my breath away :/

maaaan ,

15 min passed that i blowing to the mic !! i think my mic is full of water now :o , my face skin getting dark :? and i can't breath now :oops:

oh my god , how can i pass this level :cry:

awk

Post by awk » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:58 am

mehdi.moha wrote:i've pressed and hold the mic icon ==> then blow on the mic = not working !!!
how can i use that ?! i also tried to press and hold the mic icon and blow on the 2nd mic on my phone , but still the same :(
Wait wait, you just have to hold the button, no blowing required as well! The button makes the emulator think you're blowing without having to!

If it still doesn't work and you're trying to just blow, know that the input on xperia play is a bit weird, I think it has to do with some noise reduction hardware thing.
If you have a headset, use that instead, it'll work lots better (still, I'm curious about why the mic button wouldn't work, it has for me everytime. Are you sure you're holding it long enough?)
also the xperia play touch pad worsking crazy !! it detected , but hang on one direction !!
Strange, are you using an ICS rom? It's just greyed out on mine.

mehdi.moha

Post by mehdi.moha » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:59 pm

awk wrote:
mehdi.moha wrote:i've pressed and hold the mic icon ==> then blow on the mic = not working !!!
how can i use that ?! i also tried to press and hold the mic icon and blow on the 2nd mic on my phone , but still the same :(
Wait wait, you just have to hold the button, no blowing required as well! The button makes the emulator think you're blowing without having to!

If it still doesn't work and you're trying to just blow, know that the input on xperia play is a bit weird, I think it has to do with some noise reduction hardware thing.
If you have a headset, use that instead, it'll work lots better (still, I'm curious about why the mic button wouldn't work, it has for me everytime. Are you sure you're holding it long enough?)
Strange, are you using an ICS rom? It's just greyed out on mine.
yes

i'm useing ICS , i also tried that on GB !!! but the same problem happened :(

i pressing the mic button for 7-10 sec , does it need more time ?