Savestates problem

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
mouseman
Savestates problem

Post by mouseman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:29 am

I'm not sure if I'm doing things wrong here. I recently updated Drastic to 2.1.6.1, and then to 2.1.6.1a. For some reason, savestates won't work now. When I try to resume my previous saves, it just kicks me back to start screen. I also tried quick saving and then quick loading, and they won't work. Have I inadvertently changed the DraStic folder to read-only, or could something else be wrong?

Jay Haru

Re: Savestates problem

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:05 am

mouseman wrote:I'm not sure if I'm doing things wrong here. I recently updated Drastic to 2.1.6.1, and then to 2.1.6.1a. For some reason, savestates won't work now. When I try to resume my previous saves, it just kicks me back to start screen. I also tried quick saving and then quick loading, and they won't work. Have I inadvertently changed the DraStic folder to read-only, or could something else be wrong?
Dood, you just updated the same thing.
Behold my mighty

Ichigo

Post by Ichigo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:18 pm

first: it spells "Dude"
second: and the reason of your respond is what?
third: why am i getting no respond to my serious problem?
i move the buttons and suddenly the touch function on the 2nd screen isnt working anymore!

threadopener: try putting them savestates to: root\data\media\drastic\backup

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:28 pm

Ichigo wrote:threadopener: try putting them savestates to: root\data\media\drastic\backup
That's the directory for in-game saves. Putting savestate files there won't do anything beyond wasting your storage space.

I don't know what the original poster's problem is exactly, but I suspect it could be due to corrupt savestates. 2.1.6a had an issue where making a savestate could crash an emulator, because a buffer was now undersized for them. If the emulator crashes in the middle of a savestate being made then the savestate could be incomplete or corrupt, and therefore won't work. If you upload the savestate (found in /sdcard/DraStic/savestates) to this thread we can see if they're valid savestates or not.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:05 pm

Ichigo wrote:first: it spells "Dude"
second: and the reason of your respond is what?
third: why am i getting no respond to my serious problem?
i move the buttons and suddenly the touch function on the 2nd screen isnt working anymore!

threadopener: try putting them savestates to: root\data\media\drastic\backup
First, i know how it is spelled. Then again, its not like everyone would get the reason why i use it
second its a response as he just reinstalled the app and not upgraded
third, dont hijack other threads just coz no one answers yours
and fourth, dont give answers that are plain wrong.
Behold my mighty