desmume is corrupting *.dsv Files for DraStic?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
M4XXX
desmume is corrupting *.dsv Files for DraStic?

Post by M4XXX » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:35 pm

Hello Community,

I am pretty New Here and i hope that this is the right Palace for this Thread.

So i started playing Pokémon black 2. I saved alot (ingame, no savestate) and everything was fine.
After a while i thought about playing that savegame on my PC with desmume (for online access and because of the limit of battery time from my Android device)

So after i copied my DraStic save to the battery Folder of Desmume everything was fine and worked Like a charm!

I played a while with desmume and transfered my savegame back to DraStic (everything was good) and then i did the same again a day later (played with desmume and transfered it back to DraStic) and now i get a crash.

It is strange.. On desmume, the savegame is working just fine.
In DraStic i can load the game and it seems Tod be good (intro is loading, With the video) i can select continue and it is loading.. Then i see the spring (season) screen and i can see my character at the right destination (for a extremely short time), then the game crashes..

Does anybody know what is causing this problem? Or how to fix it? Because i overwrited my last save so it is gone forever.. At this time i can only play Pokémon with desmume.

EDIT: Now it is working :) I just reinstalled DraStic, deleted my saves and roms, put them back on and disabled sound and microphone. Sorry for this Thread.. Next time I'll test some things first before posting.

Awesome Emulator!

Exophase

Re: desmume is corrupting *.dsv Files for DraStic?

Post by Exophase » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:37 pm

Were you selecting C-gear in the DraStic save? This could lead to a crash like you're describing. But should be fixed in 2.1.6a+..