Retrieving Pokémon in-game saves after clearing data on the app.

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Mihir Glenn Smith
Retrieving Pokémon in-game saves after clearing data on the app.

Post by Mihir Glenn Smith » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:22 pm

I have Pokémon HeartGold, Platinum, Black, White 2 games, and I use the in-game save file to save the game.
Few months ago, I was running out of storage on my Android tab, so I went to Settings (on Android), went to Storage, clicked on Apps and clicked on Drastic. I cleared the app data of Drastic (I did not uninstall the app). Now today, when I open the app and click on one of these games, clicked Start Game wait for the game to start. But after it started, it started as a new game and doesn't show the recent in-game saves. It directly goes to the introduction of the game. I think all of these games might have got restarted. Is there anyway to retrieve the most recent in-game save file (that I done before clearing the app)? Guys, I need help as these Pokémon games matter to me a lot and I took a lot of time to finish the game. Now I am screwed. Is there anyway I could retrieve the most recent in-game save file in the mentioned games?

dsattorney

Re: Retrieving Pokémon in-game saves after clearing data on the app.

Post by dsattorney » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:37 pm

I don't think it is possible, since the save data was deleted when you cleared the app data. Sorry, but you'll have to start all over again.
OBJECTION!

kaikun97

Re: Retrieving Pokémon in-game saves after clearing data on the app.

Post by kaikun97 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:01 am

dsattorney wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:37 pm
I don't think it is possible, since the save data was deleted when you cleared the app data. Sorry, but you'll have to start all over again.
But the in-game saves are stored in the Drastic folder on internal storage, not in the app's data directory.
Mihir Glenn Smith wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:22 pm
I have Pokémon HeartGold, Platinum, Black, White 2 games, and I use the in-game save file to save the game.
Few months ago, I was running out of storage on my Android tab, so I went to Settings (on Android), went to Storage, clicked on Apps and clicked on Drastic. I cleared the app data of Drastic (I did not uninstall the app). Now today, when I open the app and click on one of these games, clicked Start Game wait for the game to start. But after it started, it started as a new game and doesn't show the recent in-game saves. It directly goes to the introduction of the game. I think all of these games might have got restarted. Is there anyway to retrieve the most recent in-game save file (that I done before clearing the app)? Guys, I need help as these Pokémon games matter to me a lot and I took a lot of time to finish the game. Now I am screwed. Is there anyway I could retrieve the most recent in-game save file in the mentioned games?
Have you used a file manager to confirm the .DSV files are still in The Drastic/backup folder on your phone? It might be that you had a different drastic profile.