Graphics Glitches in pokemon Heart Gold

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
browneyebill
Graphics Glitches in pokemon Heart Gold

Post by browneyebill » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:02 pm

Please help. I am using an amazon Fire HD 8 (2018) 8th Gen. 1.5GB Ram. I am using the latest version of Drastic for Android. i am using the paid for premium version from the googleplay store. I am trying to play "Pokemon Heart Gold" the game works fine except when you are in certain cities or gameplay areas, black dots appear on the terrain that shouldnt be there. using high quality 3d Setting makes the dots smaller but does not get rid of them. frameskipping doesnt change this. nor does the multi threaded 3d mode. Can anyone please tell me how to play pokemon heart gold on drastic emulator android version without any graphical glitches? If you watch the intro at the beginning of the game, when it gets to the part where its showing gameplay in some of the towns, specifically the town towards the end of the opening intro, these black dots appear similar to the ones that happen to poeple that try to use Desmume emulator to play this game except on drastic the black dots are much larger. please help? if you watch gameplay footage on youtube for this game on drastic android, you will see the same thing in the intro footage. please help. i bought this emulator just to play this one game. I can send you a screenshot if you can give me your email. it wont let me attach it here. it says board attachment limit has been reached.
Last edited by browneyebill on Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaikun97

Re: Graphics Glitches in pokemon Heart Gold

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:11 am

Turn on the "Disable Edge-Marking" option and change the Video filter from Linear to Quilez the Video settings.

browneyebill

Post by browneyebill » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:42 pm

thanks for the input. I'll try that. I think I may have tried that and it didn't work, but i'll try anyways because I'm very uncertain whether i did or not. I'll let you know if it works. I notice that the game pokemon hg is listed as 98 - 99% perfectly playable without problems or something like that. I assume they were referring to the online multiplayer not being functional, but i hope that the 1 or 2% wasn't including the black dots/lines on the ground seen in some cities or towns in the game.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:00 pm

browneyebill wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:42 pm
thanks for the input. I'll try that. I think I may have tried that and it didn't work, but i'll try anyways because I'm very uncertain whether i did or not. I'll let you know if it works. I notice that the game pokemon hg is listed as 98 - 99% perfectly playable without problems or something like that. I assume they were referring to the online multiplayer not being functional, but i hope that the 1 or 2% wasn't including the black dots/lines on the ground seen in some cities or towns in the game.
I tried it and have not seen any such graphical glitches on my device, only on older versions where games like Pokemon Diamond had black lines. Its likely down to the screen resolution of your device being lower. There have been known issues in the past with the Pokemon games having graphical issues with the 3D graphics which is why the Disables Edge Marking setting exists.

It will also be a good idea to try the different video filters if that helps.

browneyebill

Post by browneyebill » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:19 pm

I tried what you said. Disable edge marking makes the black lines much smaller but they are still there. the quilez filter doesnt fix it. i tried all filters and best seem to be hq2x, linear, quilez,. I am using an amazon fire hd8 (2018) 8th Generation tablet. the screen resolution is 1280x800. 8in display. here is a screenshot of what it looks like on my best settings yet.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:19 am

browneyebill wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:19 pm
I tried what you said. Disable edge marking makes the black lines much smaller but they are still there. the quilez filter doesnt fix it. i tried all filters and best seem to be hq2x, linear, quilez,. I am using an amazon fire hd8 (2018) 8th Generation tablet. the screen resolution is 1280x800. 8in display. here is a screenshot of what it looks like on my best settings yet.
That is a pretty low screen resolution, I would think thats likely the cause, I do think this is an issue with the 3D rendering though, I have notified the devs about the bug.

I assume this is the bug you mean?

Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Wed May 20, 2020 4:32 pm

I play Pokemon Versione Oro Heart Gold (Italian version) and I feautured only a graphical glitch when starting the game (Is only a little graphical issue)
I uploaded a screenshoot here
"https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-BgV56 ... p=drivesdk"
I remember that in older versions (like 2.4.0.2a) all was fine, no graphical glitches

MK73DS

Post by MK73DS » Wed May 20, 2020 9:16 pm

I have the same issue in Soul Silver. The issue is still present even without multithreaded 3D and high resolution 3D.
Spoiler!

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:57 am

MK73DS wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:16 pm
I have the same issue in Soul Silver. The issue is still present even without multithreaded 3D and high resolution 3D.
Spoiler!
Its because its an issue with rasterization. Its a feature of the Nintendo DS GPU that is very difficult to emulate correctly. Its not something that can be easily fixed as its not fully understood yet.

Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Thu May 21, 2020 8:09 am

I am sure that in some older version there was no issue