new update causes black screen issues.

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Jay Haru
Re: new update causes black screen issues.

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:34 pm

i have the rom so might aswell if it shows up early.

-update- everything works fine on latest build. In any case, please send that savestate link just to be doubly sure that its not a rom or cheat problem.
Behold my mighty

callie

Post by callie » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:12 am

I have sent the savestate files to drastic.ds@gmail.com via dropbox. I have turned the cheats off, although I never used them.
Callie

callie

Post by callie » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:45 pm

Game update.
Aquired different rom, game still glitches when you open rucksack, and often forces app to close.
Aquired a copy of drastic at version 2.1.1, loaded with my original rom which works without any blackout glitches, (just the initial problems with the wording missing from the drop down menus which was fixed in the first update I received.)
Can confirm that the recent newest updates are now not compatable with my game.
Not very happy at shelling out over a fiver for an app that is no longer working. My initial pleasure of updates keeping on top of things is now gone as I have not been able to play my game for over a week, and wasted my time instead trying to figure this problem out.
As yet I haven't left feedback as I hoped this issue would be resoved as fast as the first, but afraid my feedback will not be positive as the app no longer works.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:52 pm

callie wrote:Game update.
Aquired different rom, game still glitches when you open rucksack, and often forces app to close.
Aquired a copy of drastic at version 2.1.1, loaded with my original rom which works without any blackout glitches, (just the initial problems with the wording missing from the drop down menus which was fixed in the first update I received.)
Can confirm that the recent newest updates are now not compatable with my game.
Not very happy at shelling out over a fiver for an app that is no longer working. My initial pleasure of updates keeping on top of things is now gone as I have not been able to play my game for over a week, and wasted my time instead trying to figure this problem out.
As yet I haven't left feedback as I hoped this issue would be resoved as fast as the first, but afraid my feedback will not be positive as the app no longer works.
It's a regression. It happens sometimes - this is the reality of most emulators. Getting, much less maintaining 100% compatibility on an emulator for a platform with thousands of games is not a very easy thing. We can't test every game before every release so it's a risk. It happens when trying to change the emulation to fix other games. We're putting the new versions in public beta now to try to reduce the risk of this happening, which is why I haven't rushed the new build to release like I did the last one. But that means to check it you have to take the extra tests of signing up for the beta instead of updating normally. It's not clear to me if you testing using the beta or not, when you just say "recent newest updates", is that what you mean?

callie

Post by callie » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Hi thanks for getting back. I purchased the full app after testing the demo which had the problem with the dropdown menu. I sent you an email to which you kindly replied to very quickly saying the next version would sort this out, so I went ahead and bought the full app and true to your word the app ran my rom as expected wih no issues and the dropdown menu fixed. It was about a week or two later when it started glitching with the blackout layers and forcing the app to close, that I noticed the app had been updated. Usually I turn off all automatic updating on my apps, but left in on in this case to benefit from the updates. Unfortunately, the newest version (5.1 I think) glitches my game, and I cannot roll back to the version that worked for me (5.2). This would be a fiiting feature as you admit that newer versions may not be compatable to the initial version I purchased. I understand the difficulties of designing an app for the android market with so many platforms to test, but I am now left with an app which did cost me quite a bit, that has been changed and now does not work, and do not know when it will again , so I am a little upset. I hope you manage to get this sorted as all in all this emulator has great potential.
Callie

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:13 pm

I understand the issue so far.

What I'm trying to say is, we probably fixed the problem in our beta version. Beta means that it's not the latest version that you'd normally download on the app store, but it is one that you can download and try. It'd help both of us the most if you could try to use this beta version. If you use it and confirm it fixes the problem then everything is good (and you can probably just use that version), If you use it and confirm the problem is not fixed then we can look more into fixing it. I already had someone else try it and he said it was fine, but the best person to try to reproduce it would be you.

I posted earlier in this thread a link on how to get the beta. This is the link again: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=828

If you have trouble getting it ask here and I'll explain more.

callie

Post by callie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:20 am

Hi, well can I say but thank-you. I have just tested the 'testing' version 2.1.6a and all seems well. I only played it for abut 10 mins keep selecting the backpack and assents menus and no more black screening glitching. It has been a bit of a minefield for me as I am not that good at computers, but thanks for being patient with me. Your customer focus, although a bit confusing for the non computer literate, is very high.
Can I keep this testing version on my pad for the time being?

Many many thanks.
Callie. A happy farmer again!!!

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:11 am

Glad it works for you. Yeah, keeping the beta version is no problem (we'll have a new official release which supersedes it pretty soon, just a couple more fixes and stuff)