Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
lvbubi
Re: Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Post by lvbubi » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:40 am

Jay Haru wrote:
lvbubi wrote:Hello!
I have a big problem. I played Pokemon Black and after 5 hours (or more) gameplay I loaded a previous save then save state. And then all of my saves when I loaded it, after few sec playing got freezed. Then I scrared and saved one .dss file then deleted everything and reistalled the emulator. Now I have a .dss file and I can't do anything with it. I hope theres a way to fix it, I dont wanna restart the game.
Thanks
unfortunately, you just did something, with a lack of proper word, stupid. what version of drastic were you using when you uninstalled? did you also delete the drastic folder on your internal memory? if you didnt, maybe your save files (inagame and states) are still there. there is no use for a dss that is also corrupt as its not recoverable. so if you did a total purge, then you really willhave to restart your game.
I deleted everything, I only saved a .dss file because I tought that this is the save file. But it seems not. Thanks for the fast answer, I gonna restart the game. :/

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:03 am

just make sure you have the latest version of drastic lest you encounter the october bug the older versions have.
Behold my mighty

CyberScopes

Post by CyberScopes » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:36 am

Im using the latest version of DraStic, but the problem still exists.
Here is the link for my savestate - http://www.mediafire.com/download/e88gp ... hite_1.dss
And also the .dsv save - http://www.mediafire.com/download/p1w1z ... _White.dsv
I would be very grateful if someone could help me solve the problem as ive been playing for ages

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:55 am

CyberScopes wrote:I also have this saving problem. I only have a savestate on the credits and after the credits it says it is impossible to save. I have tried all the methods in this thread but none of them work. Im using drastic 2.1.6.2a
if you only have one savestate and your dsv is corrupt. theres nothing much we can do to help. we can try if you have a savestate that is usually near e4 or outside e4 building but if not, then there is usally nothing we can do.
Behold my mighty

CyberScopes

Post by CyberScopes » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:26 am

I managed to get an earlier save from my backup. Ive defeated e4 and im inside the castle. Would that help? And what should my save options be (Savestates in saves etc.)?
And thanks for helping

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:10 am

CyberScopes wrote:I managed to get an earlier save from my backup. Ive defeated e4 and im inside the castle. Would that help? And what should my save options be (Savestates in saves etc.)?
And thanks for helping
you can try disabling that option but if the save caught the bug, (a bad combo of corrupting dsv and octeberfest) then im afraid to say youre out of luck.
Behold my mighty

joehagel

Post by joehagel » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:54 pm

the problem is this:
it was flawless all the way until I was fighting the big bad (team galactic) and had no healing items on me, so I savestated and input a couple of cheats.
cheat 1: Max Health (said to press start, didn't work)
cheat 2: Inifinite Health (it worked)

both cheats were highlighted when I beat the big bad, and then it went to the cutscene, but instead of showing a bunch of ruins and people with anime hair, it shows a black screen with purple blocks one in each corner, and a block on the bottom portion of the screen.

I still get a dialogue box, but nothing else.

PLEASE HELP! I spent 8 dollars on you guys, this shouldn't happen (no offense intended if that came across rude)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:13 pm

joehagel wrote:the problem is this:
it was flawless all the way until I was fighting the big bad (team galactic) and had no healing items on me, so I savestated and input a couple of cheats.
cheat 1: Max Health (said to press start, didn't work)
cheat 2: Inifinite Health (it worked)

both cheats were highlighted when I beat the big bad, and then it went to the cutscene, but instead of showing a bunch of ruins and people with anime hair, it shows a black screen with purple blocks one in each corner, and a block on the bottom portion of the screen.

I still get a dialogue box, but nothing else.

PLEASE HELP! I spent 8 dollars on you guys, this shouldn't happen (no offense intended if that came across rude)
it shouldnt happen but then you use cheats which may or may not made your rom unstable.
Behold my mighty

puma95

Post by puma95 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Fabstic wrote:I have the same problem, but couldn't solve it with the mentioned solutions.
When I went to defeat the Elite 4 I saved (savestate) everytime before I had to fight one of
each. I now have 5 savestates (1st: AFTER LANCE) (2nd: BEFORE LANCE) (3rd: BEFORE that), ETCETERA...
After defeating Lance and the credits I get the notice: The save file has been erased due to corruption or damage.
I tried all the mentioned solutions, but none of them worked. I began playing Pokemon Heart Gold with the old version
of Drastic DS, but now have the new version (with saving in-game saves in savestates).

Please, can somebody help me?
Hello, I'm new here
so.. I have the exact same problem as fabstic.

I want to ask again, is there really no solution?
I've tried anything but still get a corrupt save file

excuse me, if my english is not so good, I'm from germany :)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:48 pm

puma95 wrote:
Fabstic wrote:I have the same problem, but couldn't solve it with the mentioned solutions.
When I went to defeat the Elite 4 I saved (savestate) everytime before I had to fight one of
each. I now have 5 savestates (1st: AFTER LANCE) (2nd: BEFORE LANCE) (3rd: BEFORE that), ETCETERA...
After defeating Lance and the credits I get the notice: The save file has been erased due to corruption or damage.
I tried all the mentioned solutions, but none of them worked. I began playing Pokemon Heart Gold with the old version
of Drastic DS, but now have the new version (with saving in-game saves in savestates).

Please, can somebody help me?
Hello, I'm new here
so.. I have the exact same problem as fabstic.

I want to ask again, is there really no solution?
I've tried anything but still get a corrupt save file

excuse me, if my english is not so good, I'm from germany :)
are you playing pokemon ss or hg? in any case, if you have a state before e4, you might be able to rescue your game
Behold my mighty