Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
puma95
Re: Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Post by puma95 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:08 am

I play hg and yes I do but not an ingame save
every time I try to make an ingame save it gives me an error message after
rebooting the game (l+r+start+select)
I also started a new game and make a good ingame save but when I load a quick save state
it says again that the files are corrupt

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:40 am

puma95 wrote:I play hg and yes I do but not an ingame save
every time I try to make an ingame save it gives me an error message after
rebooting the game (l+r+start+select)
I also started a new game and make a good ingame save but when I load a quick save state
it says again that the files are corrupt
probably coz the savestate already has a bug that prevents it from overwriting the save.
Behold my mighty

puma95

Post by puma95 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:36 pm

what can I do?

edit:
well never mind, with the following guide I get my pokemon back ;)
http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39897.0

b1gdrag0n

Post by b1gdrag0n » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:50 am

Not sure if this is a save corruption issue, but here's the thing.
I'm using the 2.1.6.2a version, playing Pokemon Black 2, and after I entered the first gym I saved the game using save state.
After that, many things that I tried was causing freezing of the game, such as trying to battle the two trainers in the gym, switching the pokemon order, or saving in-game.
However, when I talk to the gym leader (but not battling him, cause I first need to battle the trainers), it doesn't freeze.
Any idea what can I do?

BTW, I tried to find an answer in this thread, sorry if I missed it.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:30 am

b1gdrag0n wrote:Not sure if this is a save corruption issue, but here's the thing.
I'm using the 2.1.6.2a version, playing Pokemon Black 2, and after I entered the first gym I saved the game using save state.
After that, many things that I tried was causing freezing of the game, such as trying to battle the two trainers in the gym, switching the pokemon order, or saving in-game.
However, when I talk to the gym leader (but not battling him, cause I first need to battle the trainers), it doesn't freeze.
Any idea what can I do?

you didnt use any cheats, right? if not, can you upload a state?
Behold my mighty

b1gdrag0n

Post by b1gdrag0n » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:36 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
b1gdrag0n wrote:Not sure if this is a save corruption issue, but here's the thing.
Any idea what can I do?

I didn't use any cheats.
The savestate is in the following link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3v48mxidkfkpm1h

Thanks!

The.Master.Brock

Post by The.Master.Brock » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:24 am

Can you please tell me if my ingame save is corrupt? Suddendly,it does not recognize it and it keeps saying "new game". Please help me because I don't want to start over.
Thanks in advance and please excuse my english.
This is my ingame save : http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/48747890/file.html

b1gdrag0n

Post by b1gdrag0n » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:03 pm

b1gdrag0n wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
Any idea what can I do?

I didn't use any cheats.

Thanks!
Jay Haru, any idea?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:57 pm

b1gdrag0n wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
Any idea what can I do?

I didn't use any cheats.

Thanks!
I don't think this is a save problem. What device are you using? The problem sounds similar to reports I've heard re Black/White 2 on Xperia Play and similar devices, where trimming the ROM helped. Try using this: http://eden.fm/ndstoykotrim/ And keep the ROM unzipped.

b1gdrag0n

Post by b1gdrag0n » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:37 am

Exophase wrote: I don't think this is a save problem. What device are you using? The problem sounds similar to reports I've heard re Black/White 2 on Xperia Play and similar devices, where trimming the ROM helped. Try using this: http://eden.fm/ndstoykotrim/ And keep the ROM unzipped.
I'm using HTC one X.
I'm actually not familiar with this process, so I'll tell you what I did, and tell me if that's what I supposed to do.
I copied the ROM to my computer, scanned for it in the trimmer, and then just pressed Trim.
After that, I copied the ROM from the computer to my phone, opened the emulator, opened the specific ROM (kept it with the same name of the original one), and tried to load a savestate of the original ROM.
Unfortunately, the problem remains.