None of the clock settings work at all

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Matt6sic6

Post by Matt6sic6 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:39 pm

No matter what settings I select, the clock simply doesn't change at all in my Pokemon games.

When I first booted up Drastic for the first time, I selected "Change Options", went to "System", and at the bottom of the screen both options "Always use System Time for RTC" and "Enable Custom Clock" were both toggled off.... I left them off... I started a new Heart Gold game. Once the intro was over and I was able to make an in-game save, the clock was 0:00, real-world time was actually 9:05 pm... I played for 20 minutes and the clock in-game never changed. So, I went back to options, system, and toggled on "Always use System Time for RTC"... I returned to my game, and the time had not updated. I made an in-game save, hit "menu", scrolled to the bottom and hit "Quit" and closed Drastic... I then booted Drastic back up, and when the Drastic menu appeared I selected "Load New Game" and selected Heart Gold. My save loaded, I check the time, it's STILL on 0:00... So, I went back into options, toggled off "Always use System Time for RTC", and toggled on "Enable Custom Clock". In the settings, the custom clock was correct. Went back to my game, checked the time, it was still 0:00....... I made another in-game save, hit menu, scrolled down and quit, re-loaded Drastic all over again, selected Load new game, selected heart gold, loaded my save.... clock is still 0:00...

I'm insanely frustrated. This does the same thing on Soul Silver. I even tried uninstalled Drastic All together, reinstalled it with default settings, and still the same thing..... All of this is running on an Android Galaxy S7 Edge. My wi-fi is turned on with Automatic Time/Date. I'm using Drastic version r2.5.1.3a

SSUPII

Re: None of the clock settings work at all

Post by SSUPII » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:01 am

This is extremely odd, I never heard of the lock not working correctly. You may want to check if you have a good ROM, you can check by simply downloading from a different website.
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

Matt6sic6

Post by Matt6sic6 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:00 am

Well, it was doing it on 2 different games, HeartGold and SoulSilver. I downloaded a different set of roms from a different website and it did the same exact thing. I was able to set the date with the custom clock, but the time always stayed the same. What I ended up doing was resetting/formatting my phone to factory settings. Reinstalled everything all over again, and by some crazy stroke of luck the damn thing is working as it should now with the same roms as before.

These android phones are really finicky sometimes. I've had a lot of apps on my phone with ads and crap, and after uninstalling they usually always leave something behind that either hogs my memory or battery life of something. There has to be some kind of equivalent to the windows registry where values can be changed to alter paths etc. I'm only guessing some other program was the culprit or something. But it's working correctly now. Thanks for listening to me squawk.

BarbaraAlify

Post by BarbaraAlify » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:26 am

Good to hear. So Ive been testing the game out and one thing Ive noticed is powerups that come out of the blocks completely zoom to the left or right and off screen. Is this a known issue?

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:38 pm

BarbaraAlify wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:26 am
Good to hear. So Ive been testing the game out and one thing Ive noticed is powerups that come out of the blocks completely zoom to the left or right and off screen. Is this a known issue?
Powerups?
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage