Invalid License Issues (troubleshooting inside)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Jay Haru
Re: Invalid License Issues (troubleshooting inside)

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:54 am

As of right now, those who had license error must join our beta testing group. There is a beta release in which may address the error.
Once you're in the beta group you can download the updated build
If you still get the same error please use the email service so we can try to locate what's causing the error as it doesn't affect all intallations.
Behold my mighty

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:10 am

UpsetMyAppNoWork wrote:Pardon me if I come off as upset, but I'm very annoyed with your app and your customer service on this forum. First and foremost you have stated that you only need to verify your license once and that's the first time you open the app, the fact that I played it for a month before I got the licensing error determined that was a lie. Second I think your customer service is crappy because I have error code 3244 and I've noticed you have not responded to anyone who has had the same error code and asked for help with it. I've done everything exactly as you have said to do to no avail. I've followed the steps exactly about 5 times now. (The clearing of the data, Uninstalling, the deleting of the root folder, and the restarting) It's not an error connecting to the server as I have waited and tried every day for a week now. I have perfect lte connection my time and date is automatic. I never tried the demo and never used a cracked version only the paid version which I got in September and worked fine till last week. Best app ever made I'm just really disappointed. I hope you can help me solve my issue.
Just to make a quick note, this is a community forums and not a customer service area. While the devs and members try to assist as much as possible, its not guaranteed that we can answer all concern. If you want quicker response, we suggest you use the email service.

The devs try to fix the issues and its not as simple as people think as they consider the myriad of hardware and android versions out not to mention the updates that is a potenial app breaker so it also takes time.

We understand the furstration but also understand that it takes time to find the probs, pinpoint whats wrong and fix it.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:24 am

UpsetMyAppNoWork wrote:Pardon me if I come off as upset, but I'm very annoyed with your app and your customer service on this forum. First and foremost you have stated that you only need to verify your license once and that's the first time you open the app, the fact that I played it for a month before I got the licensing error determined that was a lie. Second I think your customer service is crappy because I have error code 3244 and I've noticed you have not responded to anyone who has had the same error code and asked for help with it. I've done everything exactly as you have said to do to no avail. I've followed the steps exactly about 5 times now. (The clearing of the data, Uninstalling, the deleting of the root folder, and the restarting) It's not an error connecting to the server as I have waited and tried every day for a week now. I have perfect lte connection my time and date is automatic. I never tried the demo and never used a cracked version only the paid version which I got in September and worked fine till last week. Best app ever made I'm just really disappointed. I hope you can help me solve my issue.
It's very understandable that you'd be frustrated and disappointed with this. I don't know if this is any consolation, but I want to make it clear to anyone that if the app refuses to work like this we will at the very least always make a refund available. That is just the bare minimum, of course we also want to do as much as we can to work with you guys and figure out the cause of these problems.

When we say that the license only needs to be verified the first time, we really mean that that's how the app works. But issues with licensing can be kind of a mess because Android devices are such a complex interaction of software that's outside of our control, and because the licensing is done by Google Play. Sometimes Google changes something that ends up forcing users to flush/refresh/reset things, or just outright breaks things. Another problem is third party software, especially on rooted devices, can interact badly with DraStic or Google Play. For example, a recent version of Lucky Patcher has some license verification option that causes a license error (I'm not sure if it's the license error you have - it's definitely something you should look into if you haven't yet). In cases like this the best we can do is try to detect it and give users a popup that says that they should try disabling stuff in other software.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:46 am

Exophase wrote:
It's very understandable that you'd be frustrated and disappointed with this. I don't know if this is any consolation, but I want to make it clear to anyone that if the app refuses to work like this we will at the very least always make a refund available. That is just the bare minimum, of course we also want to do as much as we can to work with you guys and figure out the cause of these problems.

When we say that the license only needs to be verified the first time, we really mean that that's how the app works. But issues with licensing can be kind of a mess because Android devices are such a complex interaction of software that's outside of our control, and because the licensing is done by Google Play. Sometimes Google changes something that ends up forcing users to flush/refresh/reset things, or just outright breaks things. Another problem is third party software, especially on rooted devices, can interact badly with DraStic or Google Play. For example, a recent version of Lucky Patcher has some license verification option that causes a license error (I'm not sure if it's the license error you have - it's definitely something you should look into if you haven't yet). In cases like this the best we can do is try to detect it and give users a popup that says that they should try disabling stuff in other software.

Just want to add, that I could reproduce license error 3244 and have confirmed with multiple users having the problem, that it was caused by enabling the option 'Google license verification emulation' in Lucky Patcher.
If you have Lucky Patcher installed, then please try that. If that's not the case, then let us know.

Error 3244 means that there is an internal error in Google Play during the verification, so that's not something that would normally happen, and it makes sense that some modification to the Google Play framework would cause it.

The license is only checked once online when you first start the app, but the verification will be performed on every start using the cached license from the first time.
It will only need another online check, if you clear the cached license by either uninstalling the app, or deleting the app's cache.

Razzor

Post by Razzor » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:07 pm

Thank you Lordus, Jay Haru and Exophase

I was able to fix the error by completely uninstalling Lucky Patcher (I was unable to find the 'Google license verification emulation' option) and reinstalling DraStic

Its now in full working order ^_^
I'll now be able to enjoy my holidays with it; thank you all once again.

dzam

Post by dzam » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:44 pm

Hi All

Thought I'd raise my issue in this thread that create a new one.

Bought drastic DS app.
Installed on Note 3 and Note 10.1 (2014) from Google Play website on my PC (ie remote install not using google play on devices - if that makes any difference ?)
Works fine on Note 3.
I get Error 256 on Note 10.1 (4.4.2).
Uninstalled, reinstalled - still Error 256
Reading through forums I tried some of the tips,
Uninstalled, Cleared cache/data on Google Play / Services. Rebooted. Reinstalled. Still Error 256
Turned off Wifi - app works OK

So, my daughter currently playing OK on the Note 10.1 with Wifi off.. but looking for any advice on what may cause Error 256?

Thanks

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:53 pm

Normally error 256 only occurs, if time/date are not set correctly on the device, so please check that.

dzam

Post by dzam » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:53 am

Lordus wrote:Normally error 256 only occurs, if time/date are not set correctly on the device, so please check that.
Thanks. I saw that comment in the program as well.
Anyway, just checked again to be sure.. and what do you know, time is correct.. but date is Monday !? lol. no idea why that was set that way! Anyway, fixed the date to Sunday and now appears to be working.

Cheers!

tsquare24

Post by tsquare24 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:28 am

I tried the instructions on here and on the "help" button that comes up with the invalid license thing and nothing will work. I have a brand new galaxy note 3

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:12 am

tsquare24 wrote:I tried the instructions on here and on the "help" button that comes up with the invalid license thing and nothing will work. I have a brand new galaxy note 3
Which error code do you get?