D-pad issue, or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
rubejb
D-pad issue, or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Post by rubejb » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:14 am

In most emulators the d-pad functions in a way where you can press a direction, then keep your finger on the screen and switch to another. It seems that with DraStic, I press one direction and have to remove my finger to press another. Is there a setting I'm missing that would change this behavior?

I'm playing on a 2013 Nexus 7 if that makes a difference.

Also, would it be possible to add a "switch screen" button to the on-screen controls? I love being able to quickly switch buttons when using my PS3 controller, but it'd be nice to have it on-screen as well.

Thanks!

edit:

I found in another thread that you can map the "Switch Screen" to the back button on my tablet. I guess that solves that question. :) Still wondering about the d-pad, though.

Jay Haru

Re: D-pad issue, or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:15 pm

rubejb wrote:In most emulators the d-pad functions in a way where you can press a direction, then keep your finger on the screen and switch to another. It seems that with DraStic, I press one direction and have to remove my finger to press another. Is there a setting I'm missing that would change this behavior?

I'm playing on a 2013 Nexus 7 if that makes a difference.

Also, would it be possible to add a "switch screen" button to the on-screen controls? I love being able to quickly switch buttons when using my PS3 controller, but it'd be nice to have it on-screen as well.

Thanks!

edit:

I found in another thread that you can map the "Switch Screen" to the back button on my tablet. I guess that solves that question. :) Still wondering about the d-pad, though.
I'm not really sure about the dpad problmes as tho I heardof it happening, I can't replicate it on any games.
Behold my mighty

beansta

Post by beansta » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:21 pm

I know what he means. The region on the touchscreen where it should be registering the D-pad seems to be enlarged and for people with large hands its slightly difficult to use. I mainly see the problem on pokemon games.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

loki3000

Post by loki3000 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:39 am

Yes i know that feel bro :(

rubejb

Post by rubejb » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:52 pm

beansta wrote:I know what he means. The region on the touchscreen where it should be registering the D-pad seems to be enlarged and for people with large hands its slightly difficult to use. I mainly see the problem on pokemon games.
Hmm... it's not an issue with the d-pad region being too large or whatnot (although I do see that issue too). It's that I press a direction, then move my finger to another direction and it's like I've taken my finger off the screen. I can even swipe back to the original direction and it doesn't respond. It's not until I take my finger off and tap it again that it registers.

rubejb

Post by rubejb » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:55 am

Okay, so I'm an idiot. Or maybe I just didn't know how the emulator is supposed to operate...

I had it set to both on-screen controls and touch controls. So when I'd drag my finger off of the d-pad, it thought I was using the touch screen instead and ignored the d-pad. I tapped the stylus icon until it had an X on it but still had the on-screen controls and it works perfectly.

I see an option in the menus for the emulator to register both at the same time, but I haven't tried it to see how it would function.

dbrof

Post by dbrof » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:57 am

The same problem +1

mucus

Post by mucus » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:04 am

I've had the same problem, but for me it goes away if i quit out of drastic and start it up again.

koolk

Post by koolk » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:16 pm

Edit: NVM, it seems to be fixed in the beta version.

But for those in the regular versions, if it happens to you in portrait mode as it happened to me, you can fix it by changing between few views, and then going back to portrait.