Landscape screen layout off center

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Skrimp
Landscape screen layout off center

Post by Skrimp » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:55 pm

I'm using a Galaxy S 10+ and when I play in landscape orientation my screen and buttons go off of the right side of the screen. I've tried manually adjusting the screen position in the options and it looks fine when I'm adjusting it bit when I go to play it goes back to going off screen.

I've tried reinstalling the app, restarting my device, and clearing the data/cache of the app but nothing is fixing it. Screenshots attached for clarity sake.

Image Image

SSUPII

Re: Landscape screen layout off center

Post by SSUPII » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:08 am

Are you editing the right screen layout? If you edit Landscape 1:1 you must use the Landscape 1:1 layout to see the effects
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

Skrimp

Post by Skrimp » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:40 pm

I am. As shown in the screenshot it looks fine while editing but when I save to global layout and select landscape 1:1 it still shows up as is shown in the screenshots in the original post.

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:18 pm

Move the buttons a little bit to the left, the buttons on the right seem to be stretched in the preview. Also the bottom screen is stretched.
If you already moved them in the past you may be using the default layout as a game-specific layout, delete it.
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

Skrimp

Post by Skrimp » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:52 pm

I dont have any game specific settings saved but moving them manually to unscrunch them seemed to work. it's still strange that the default setting pushes it off the screen like that.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:12 pm

Phones sometimes lie about screen size/location ever since Android moved to soft buttons (back/home/recents) that can be hidden. Depending on when specifically an app looks at screen size, it may see the screen size with the soft buttons present, or it may see the full screen size. What's worse, Samsung and possibly other vendors occasionally tweak the DPI of their devices in system updates, which means that apps now see new completely different screen sizes which can really confuse things.