Picross 3D (right, it's not Pokémon ;) )

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Ego_Bizarro
Picross 3D (right, it's not Pokémon ;) )

Post by Ego_Bizarro » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:13 am

Heya, I wanted to report minor graphical issues with this game. This is how it should be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTqCEYah2wQ
On DraStic, the lines/rastarizations between the cubes are missing (so it's all like one big grey mass). Also, the numbers are shaking.
Other than that, the game works flawlessy. It's still playable this way, but yeah, it's not perfect.
Also, for this game, it would be reeeeally helpful if single control elements could be removable because other than the stylus, this game only needs two buttons and no matter where you put the rest, they're always interfering with touching the screen.

BTW: Dunno what this says but when I played this game with DeSmume (a few years ago, though), it had the exact same issues.

BTW2: This is a very fun, underrated puzzle game, check it out ;)

beansta

Re: Picross 3D (right, it's not Pokémon ;) )

Post by beansta » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:48 am

As i understand it, this is due to the lack of 3d edge marking. (Not sure if its been implemented or not)
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:53 pm

Yeah, I'll add this eventually. This is probably one of the examples where it's most needed, since it's used to help gameplay and not just added as a stylistic touch..

Ego_Bizarro

Post by Ego_Bizarro » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:05 pm

Alright :) Good to know the issue is already identified.

Those shaking numbers are another issue, though, aren't they?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Ego_Bizarro wrote:Alright :) Good to know the issue is already identified.

Those shaking numbers are another issue, though, aren't they?
Those are more likely deliberate on the game maker's part, just that they're relying on the DS having a poorer response time than your phone. So that shaky stuff looks blended (temporal anti-aliasing).

Ego_Bizarro

Post by Ego_Bizarro » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:32 am

Hmm, not sure I know what you mean. They are not shaking on a real DS. Look at the video, no shaking there :)

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:39 pm

Ego_Bizarro wrote:Hmm, not sure I know what you mean. They are not shaking on a real DS. Look at the video, no shaking there :)
You won't notice shaking because the response time of the LCD is different on a DS. It means that two consecutive frames will blend more into each other. Instead of shaking it makes the games look smoother.

PSP games did this all the time. Even GBA games did this sometimes, especially homebrew emulators.

Ego_Bizarro

Post by Ego_Bizarro » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:53 pm

Haha, I guess you're right. 'n you know what I thusly tried? Putting Frame Skip to Manuel and on 1 (actually it works on all odd numbers). And it actually gets rid of the shaking :D

xxTheGoDxx

Post by xxTheGoDxx » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:17 pm

Hi, I just started playing this and realized that the invisible wireframe issue is still not fixed. I respectfully ask if the fix is still planned.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:16 pm

xxTheGoDxx wrote:Hi, I just started playing this and realized that the invisible wireframe issue is still not fixed. I respectfully ask if the fix is still planned.
Try the current beta, it has edge marking implemented. The full release should be out very soon (few days at most), assuming I don't find more issues.