Trouble with ROMs that should already be decrypted (Edit: DQ5 specific)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
raptir
Trouble with ROMs that should already be decrypted (Edit: DQ5 specific)

Post by raptir » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:38 pm

I had a quick question regarding encrypted/decrypted ROMs. I understand that encrypted files require the NDS bios, but I have a file (DQ5) that matches the no-intro checksum for the decrypted files. Other files that match no-intro decrypted work fine. Has anyone run into issues with some of the no-intro checksums being inaccurate? Is there any other way to verify if a ROM is encrypted or decrypted (apart from whether it works in DraStic, so I can verify if it's an Emulator issue or a ROM issue)?
Last edited by raptir on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xperia64

Re: Trouble with ROMs that should already be decrypted

Post by xperia64 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:27 pm

I can confirm that this is an issue. DQ5's cart was a little broken, and this has been a problem with other emulators as well. We should have a fix in the next version.

raptir

Re: Trouble with ROMs that should already be decrypted

Post by raptir » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Oh, awesome thank you. I thought maybe it was an issue with the file. Now that you mention "other emulators" I found a bug (https://sourceforge.net/p/desmume/bugs/1439/) that was eventually resolved for desmume that seems to be about the same thing.

So would the workaround for now be to pull the arm7 bios off of my DS Lite? Are there any consequences of using the NDS bios, like would I be able to switch back to all DraStic bios once the bug is fixed?

xperia64

Re: Trouble with ROMs that should already be decrypted (Edit: DQ5 specific)

Post by xperia64 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:42 pm

Yeah, dumping the BIOS should work. The only thing using a different BIOS affects is savestates. They are generally not compatible between different BIOS's.