Some sound effects not working

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Good_Doggie
Some sound effects not working

Post by Good_Doggie » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:36 am

Hello guys, I bought the emulator and I really love it! The only problem is when I load either Pokemon Black or Black 2, some of the sound effects in the game don't actually make a sound. For example, in a pokemon battle, the tackle sound effect doesn't work for me but it works when the opponent uses it. It's also like that with a lot of different moves. It's not a HUGE issue, but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out a little. Thanks :D

dsattorney

Re: Some sound effects not working

Post by dsattorney » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:23 am

Gen 5 makes clever use of the stereo channels (I think all generations made clever use of them tho) by making certain sound effects during battle play exclusively on the left speaker or on the right speaker. Guiding myself by your example (when you use Tackle its sound effect doesn't play but it does when your opponent uses it) I must ask a question. Are you playing with headphones?
OBJECTION!

Good_Doggie

Post by Good_Doggie » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:28 am

Thank you for the reply! I have not played with headphones for some stupid reason... I will try that out and see if it works!

Good_Doggie

Post by Good_Doggie » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:34 am

Okay, that seemed to fix it. I have no idea why I don't use headphones lol Thank you for your help!!! :D

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Wed May 01, 2019 6:58 pm

If the issue happens while using the phone's speaker it may be that the speakers only play the right stereo channel (the opponent's move is played on the righr channel, while your are played on the left one). You should try a stereo test on Youtube to see if there is any general problem in your speaker.
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage