Mic doesn't work for Nintendogs

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Itizidon
Mic doesn't work for Nintendogs

Post by Itizidon » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:50 am

We need a mic button separate from the one that makes static sound in the menu. In Nintendogs the mic only works when the game has a button that prompts us to use the mic. But when there is no prompt the mic doesn't work. We need a button separate from the one that just makes static sound.

SSUPII

Re: Mic doesn't work for Nintendogs

Post by SSUPII » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:52 am

By default the microphone is enabled in Drastic.
If microphone is enabled and you have this problem it could be a both hardware and game issue, the game may be expecting the Nintendo DS's microphone's noises but instead is getting a different quality of sound.

Try playing around with the Microphone Level setting to see if it can at least mitigate this problem.
Try to also speak near the microphone or sideways, also make sure you don't have one of your fingers cover the microphone
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

Itizidon

Post by Itizidon » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:32 pm

I used this micrecord rom. When I hit record in speak into it, it returns me what I said. But when I hit record and I hold down the mic button all I get is a static sound in return. Which is why I'm asking for a separate button to activate the mic. it seems like the mic is fine just no way to activate it

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:05 pm

Itizidon wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:32 pm
I used this micrecord rom. When I hit record in speak into it, it returns me what I said. But when I hit record and I hold down the mic button all I get is a static sound in return. Which is why I'm asking for a separate button to activate the mic. it seems like the mic is fine just no way to activate it
The mic button is supposed to do that, you have to talk without pressing that.
You are not sure if Drastic listens? Use the microphone test present in some games like Pokemon Black and see if it can catch you talking (without pressing the microphone button).
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

Itizidon

Post by Itizidon » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:16 pm

Just to clarify. You are telling me to just say the dogs name without pressing any button? It did not work. Can you go step by step how you would get the dog to learn it's name?

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:39 am

Itizidon wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:16 pm
Just to clarify. You are telling me to just say the dogs name without pressing any button? It did not work. Can you go step by step how you would get the dog to learn it's name?
Yes. The microphone button is to play static and is not for speech. For speech you do not need to press anything to use actual speech, like like on a Real DS. The microphone is always active.

Unfortunately its pretty tedious to teach a Dog it's name even on a Real DS on Nintendogs so you'll need to keep trying. Keep saying it's name in a consistent way with the same style and the three question marks above it's head will go down to 2 eventually and then to 1 and it will learn it.

Try adjusting the microphone level in the audio settings. I find these settings work fine for me but setting the level to High or Very High instead of medium might help.