My phone crashes 15 minutes after playing Pokemon Black

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
ihaveabu
Re: My phone crashes 15 minutes after playing Pokemon Black

Post by ihaveabu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:20 pm

dnyce13 wrote:Did you try the clean wipe already? Maybe you should try another game to make sure it has nothing to do with your cyanogen mod.

I tried mario cart and new super mario bros. both work fine.

I think it might be an ram issue. Makes sense because the crash doesn't happen until at least 10-15 min in. And I just got that message earlier. How much ram does this app need?

Just noticed after Drastic crashes and I go into Apps under Settings, all the apps I normally have running in the background say "Restarting"

I'm thinking it's a ram issue.

With all my background apps running I have around 850mb. Should be more than enough for this right? Why is it draining my ram?
Last edited by ihaveabu on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:23 pm

256MB according to the FAQ. Try the clean wipe and re-install. Back up any saves you have. If this still doesn't work then no clue lol. Actually, are you running android 4.3? Maybe it has to do with that in combination of cyanogen mod?

ihaveabu

Post by ihaveabu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:25 pm

dnyce13 wrote:256MB according to the FAQ. Try the clean wipe and re-install. Back up any saves you have. If this still doesn't work then no clue lol.

I'm not sure if I did a clean wipe correctly but I used Cleanmaster to uninstall the app and then reinstalled it. Cleanmaster didn't seem to uninstall everything because my saves were still there.

I have 850mb free and all my backgrounds say they're restarting over and over. Explains my phone just crapping out.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:28 pm

850MB should be more than enough, especially with the default option of unzipping ROMs to storage. It's weird that you're getting the RAM error though (and it's likely it's connected to the crashes). Can you look at how much RAM DraStic itself is using a few minutes into running? There could be a memory leak somewhere.

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Strange that the other 2 games are working for you and not Pokémon Black.

ihaveabu

Post by ihaveabu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:34 pm

Exophase wrote:850MB should be more than enough, especially with the default option of unzipping ROMs to storage. It's weird that you're getting the RAM error though (and it's likely it's connected to the crashes). Can you look at how much RAM DraStic itself is using a few minutes into running? There could be a memory leak somewhere.

Yea my phone never really dips below 800 mb of free ram. I don't leave things running in the background usually. Right now, all my background apps (facebook, dropbox, etc) just keeps saying Restarting. And nothing works (keyboard, back/menu buttons, most apps, etc).

Has to be some kind of ram issue that's causing everything to stop working. I'll restart my phone and tell you how much ram the app's using. I tried to earlier but when I press my home button, the app doesn't stay running in the background.

ihaveabu

Post by ihaveabu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Rebooted my phone, started up drastic again

while playing, under Cached Apps, Drastic says it's using 45MB.

Now 54MB

EDIT: 15 min in 58MB
EDIT: Just crashed. less than 1 min after I checked the ram usage at 58MB cached

And yep now everything's attempting to restart and won't run properly.

How do I do a full uninstall and delete all settings and saved data?

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Go to application manager and under downloaded tab look for drastic and clear cache and data then uninstall. I would then manually go into the root of your internal storage and erase anything to do with drastic. Then power down your phone, take out battery for a couple of minutes, then put it back in, power it back on and re-install.

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:36 pm

ihaveabu wrote:
Howdareme wrote:You do realise this could be your phone, not DraStic, my sis has this fine on an s3.

Well if every other app I've ever used works fine, then it's not my phone...
And? This doesn't prove its not your phone...

ihaveabu

Post by ihaveabu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:50 pm

dnyce13 wrote:Go to application manager and under downloaded tab look for drastic and clear cache and data then uninstall. I would then manually go into the root of your internal storage and erase anything to do with drastic. Then power down your phone, take out battery for a couple of minutes, then put it back in, power it back on and re-install.

I did a full uninstall, and reinstalled the app. Same problem.