Bug / Graphics issues with Golden Sun Dark Dawn

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Aell
Bug / Graphics issues with Golden Sun Dark Dawn

Post by Aell » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:21 pm

Hey, I just bought DraStic and tested a few games on my HTC Desire X - some Pokemon games run pretty good, as well as Harvest Moon and some others. Way faster than the Desmume Port :)
But now I tried Golden Sun Dark Dawn.
First of all, I tried different settings changing Frameskip, the Filter, the Multi-threaded 3D rendering and turning Sound on/off. It always stayed with maybe 1-2 frames a second, sadly not playable.

At the beginning, in the initial phase only the lower DS screen shows something (had the game on a real DS). Using DraStic, as long as only one screen is used by the intro, it flickers (don't know if it is the right word, I'm no native speaker) very much with normal and black screens alternating.
When the intro gets to the point where it uses both screens, it totally freaks out.
With the highest frameskip, one screen stays normal and the other one is covered by only colorful vertical stripes.
With a low or no frameskip, both screens are flickering between the normal picture and the screen full of vertical stripes.
After the intro finally finished, I only have some stripes on the lower screen's left side left. But it's way too slow to play it :(
Thanks for any help!

slamandar

Re: Bug / Graphics issues with Golden Sun Dark Dawn

Post by slamandar » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:17 pm

That game doesnt work, sadly... Too glitchy, but the developer is looking into it
Sorry if my English is bad, I'm French !

Aell

Post by Aell » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:36 pm

Well, at least good to know the issue is known. Just sad that it has to be THIS game not working :) I think the two Golden Sun games were some of the best GBA games back then.

Delirious17

Post by Delirious17 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:13 pm

Galaxy Note 2, multiple settings, glitchy slow gameplay :-(

Would love if this worked with an update...

Regardless great emulator! :-)

Ruis07

Post by Ruis07 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:27 am

Actually rev. 2.2.0.2a works fine for dark dawn on my galaxy s4 with android jelly bean 4.2.2 non root hope this works for you too I did not change any of the settings for it to be playable I had an s3 about a week ago and I experienced some of that then I change to the s4 my mom gave me and give it a try. I was so surprised that it run buttery smooth, not even my laptop was able to play it. This emulator is better than dsmume XD.