Drastic crashes in newest Android 9 Pie builds

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
EdoNINJA93
Drastic crashes in newest Android 9 Pie builds

Post by EdoNINJA93 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:46 pm

Hello guys, I subscribed to this forum only to adress my problem (which I think will be a general problem for a lot of users from now on).

It appears that newest Android Pie libraries/blobs coming with recent AOSP 9 based roms are making Drastic to crash upon loading any game.

Until now there was only an error I was getting (see screenshot attached), but I could play anyway without any issues.

Today I updated my system with a new build of the famous Pixel Experience rom (which rebased its structure recently) and now Drastic won't work.

I'm so sad, and I think that if Drastic won't be updated anytime soon for newest Android libraries, we won't be able to play with it anymore. :(
Screenshot_20181018-023354.png
Screenshot_20181018-023354.png (561.66KiB)Viewed 29296 times

RandomBananazz

Re: Drastic crashes in newest Android 9 Pie builds

Post by RandomBananazz » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:36 am

Can confirm. App closes when trying to open any ROM. The notification that it is running still appears in the notification shade. Never experienced this problem in previous versions of Android on the same device. I can submit a logcat (hopefully the developer is still active).

GenocidalTeacup

Post by GenocidalTeacup » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:39 am

I can also confirm, I thought I was going mad! The app has worked flawlessly for many years now but I can confirm that I recently updated my nightly version of Nitrogen OS on my OnePlus 3 to the 20-10-2018 version in which DraStic no longer works. I acn also submit a logcat or proof if it would help development.

th3b0r3d

Post by th3b0r3d » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:34 am

I have the same error on 8.1 (I can't check if I can load any rom because I don't even have Google Play Services installed. Just the message about problem with native librarie shows on licence serror screen.)

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:40 am

At the moment Drastic does not have support for Android Pie and needs an update. You can't really do much for now other than using an older device or using an Android emulator on a PC (that does not use Pie).
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

MurdererFight

Post by MurdererFight » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:16 pm

Yep, I have the same problem with OnePlus 5 and Codephoenix Android Pie. Glad that I wasn't the only one.

I hope the new updates comes out soon, really want to play some games

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 pm

I've got a build ready, it can be downloaded here and sideloaded for testing:

https://drastic-ds.com/DraStic-r2.5.1.0a-93.apk

If possible could one of the people with problems w/Pie please sideload and let me know if it works? If it's good I'm going to push it as a full release ASAP.

MurdererFight

Post by MurdererFight » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:32 am

Exophase wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 pm

If possible could one of the people with problems w/Pie please sideload and let me know if it works? If it's good I'm going to push it as a full release ASAP.
Unfortunately it doesn't work, atleast for me. It crashes anyway even at stock settings. But I don't get the text relocation error now

http://imgur.com/gallery/vbBhVz9

GenocidalTeacup

Post by GenocidalTeacup » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:37 am

Exophase wrote:

Unfortunately it also does not work for me. I have sideloaded it and can confirm that the text relocation error is no longer present but the problem remains the same; the white screen and eventual crashing when trying to open any game. I uninstalled the old version completely and deleted all DraStic files and then reinstalled this .apk. Thank you for your quick reply, and support :) .

MurdererFight

Post by MurdererFight » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:50 am

Exophase wrote:

I have posted the full logs on the Discord server and it works in one phone that has official 9.0 Pie release. In custom ROMS and Custom Kernel isn't working for now