Changing Pokemon Game ID Number

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Post Reply
zexerity
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:39 pm

Changing Pokemon Game ID Number

Post by zexerity » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:47 pm

Recently I've started messing around with Pokemon randomizers and upon opening my first randomized rom I saw that the cheat database was gone. As well as indiviual cheats for the game don't work either. Apparently this is due to when making a randomized rom it changes the the games ID number and cheats are designed to only work with certain game ID numbers. So is anyone aware of a way to either a way to A. Change a randomized pokemon roms ID # or B. Get cheats to work with randomized roms? Much appreactiated :)

Kostas Gangstar
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:05 am

Re: Changing Pokemon Game ID Number

Post by Kostas Gangstar » Tue May 08, 2018 6:33 pm

Pls don't cheater in okkemon

User avatar
dsattorney
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:29 am
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: Changing Pokemon Game ID Number

Post by dsattorney » Tue May 08, 2018 10:30 pm

He can do whatever he wants with his game, so don't go ordering him around. And if you are thinking on replying me, with those spelling mistakes, no thanks.
OBJECTION!
Image
Other places to find me:
VOGONS: http://www.vogons.org/ (as olddos25)

Kostas Gangstar
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:05 am

Re: Changing Pokemon Game ID Number

Post by Kostas Gangstar » Tue May 08, 2018 11:10 pm

dsattorney wrote:He can do whatever he wants with his game, so don't go ordering him around. And if you are thinking on replying me, with those spelling mistakes, no thanks.
The problem with Pokemon games I he may trade the cheated cancer with others and infect their saves with the unholy cheated pokemon/items!!!
Pokemon saves tend to be shared in websites so what if I'm trying to get a legit legendary and by accident find his save and infect my save!

Think beofere you pots

User avatar
kaikun97
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:41 am
Location: England

Re: Changing Pokemon Game ID Number

Post by kaikun97 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:34 am

Kostas Gangstar wrote:
dsattorney wrote:He can do whatever he wants with his game, so don't go ordering him around. And if you are thinking on replying me, with those spelling mistakes, no thanks.
The problem with Pokemon games I he may trade the cheated cancer with others and infect their saves with the unholy cheated pokemon/items!!!
Pokemon saves tend to be shared in websites so what if I'm trying to get a legit legendary and by accident find his save and infect my save!

Think beofere you pots
It doesn't matter, he can still do whatever he wants and it's not your place to tell people on this forum what to do, it's considered rude.
zexerity wrote:Recently I've started messing around with Pokemon randomizers and upon opening my first randomized rom I saw that the cheat database was gone. As well as indiviual cheats for the game don't work either. Apparently this is due to when making a randomized rom it changes the the games ID number and cheats are designed to only work with certain game ID numbers. So is anyone aware of a way to either a way to A. Change a randomized pokemon roms ID # or B. Get cheats to work with randomized roms? Much appreactiated :)
There was a guide here about R4CEE to change the ID but it used photobucket hosted images that are now gone, so I will link a guide from GBATemp instead.

You need R4CCE from here: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA013928/soft_en.html

The usrcheat.dat file is located in the Drastic folder.

Here is the guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-helper-wi ... tor.95774/

User avatar
dsattorney
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:29 am
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: Changing Pokemon Game ID Number

Post by dsattorney » Wed May 09, 2018 7:45 am

Kostas Gangstar wrote:
dsattorney wrote:He can do whatever he wants with his game, so don't go ordering him around. And if you are thinking on replying me, with those spelling mistakes, no thanks.
The problem with Pokemon games I he may trade the cheated cancer with others and infect their saves with the unholy cheated pokemon/items!!!
Pokemon saves tend to be shared in websites so what if I'm trying to get a legit legendary and by accident find his save and infect my save!

Think beofere you pots
No, you think before you post. Think about your grammar and spelling!
OBJECTION!
Image
Other places to find me:
VOGONS: http://www.vogons.org/ (as olddos25)

Post Reply