Data transfer to SD Card

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
lbr5539
Data transfer to SD Card

Post by lbr5539 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:01 pm

I bought an SD Card today and I transferred all of Drastic's files to it, but I can't acess all of my controller layouts, in-game saves and save states.The files are all in the folders, I just can't acess them in the emulator. Is there a way I can import them back to Drastic or I have to start from scratch?

dsattorney

Re: Data transfer to SD Card

Post by dsattorney » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:15 pm

Move em back to where they are supposed to be. The emulator can't be configured to read the files from somewhere else. You can move your games to your SD card, but the emulator's files? Forget about it.
OBJECTION!

kaikun97

Re: Data transfer to SD Card

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:23 am

dsattorney wrote:Move em back to where they are supposed to be. The emulator can't be configured to read the files from somewhere else. You can move your games to your SD card, but the emulator's files? Forget about it.
To be fair Drastic used to be able to read the Drastic folder from both the internal storage and external SD card proving it was in the root directory of either, but i'm not sure if that is the case anymore since Android 5.0+ as it uses a different External SD card permission system that the apps have to implement in order to use, and it seems to me Drastic DS does not have it. It would be something that would need to be reimplemented.