Problem with Pokemon Games.. >>><<<

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
soulsilver
Problem with Pokemon Games.. >>><<<

Post by soulsilver » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:34 pm

Hi .

First of all, great app. i dont know how you guys did it but its so much better then any other
slow apps out there.

However after purchasing the non free version for $7.99 i encountered many problems with pokemon.

1. When i do the fast forward mode in cheat option, within 3~4 seconds it freezes and takes me to the main screen.

2. When I use cheat, sometimes my character disappears or everything will be in black . When i move around, black screen pops out and i have to restart. I minimized my cheats to -> exp double + skip msg + unlimited PP only and yet time to time it will still freeze

3. Each time I play i have to go to the option and disable cheat and turn it back on . otherwise, it'll just take me to the main screen again.

4. Is this controlled app? meaning if you guys shut down, will this app disappear too??

The main thing I want to use it only 2 things. Fast forward and double exp .

My phone is Samsung Stellar, 2G ( yea, its not that great phone )

but it seems others are having the same issue.

Could you devs please let me know if this is a just one of those " Need-to-be-updated" issues or just life long issues i have to deal with??

Thanks.

Once again, great job

Exophase

Re: Problem with Pokemon Games.. >>><<<

Post by Exophase » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:39 pm

There's issues with cheats that still need to be fixed in a later release, although I do want to stress that they're better with the current version than with the first couple, so you should make sure you're using the latest. I doubt there'll be any cheat problems that will never be fixed, we just need to find them.

We're not going to take the app down, if we decide to no longer support it for example we'll make it free but it'll still be on the store. If Google shuts us down for some reason we'll probably release it for free somewhere else. If there's some kind of threat from another party it could be more complicated than that.

soulsilver

Post by soulsilver » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:43 pm

Exophase wrote:There's issues with cheats that still need to be fixed in a later release, although I do want to stress that they're better with the current version than with the first couple, so you should make sure you're using the latest. I doubt there'll be any cheat problems that will never be fixed, we just need to find them.

We're not going to take the app down, if we decide to no longer support it for example we'll make it free but it'll still be on the store. If Google shuts us down for some reason we'll probably release it for free somewhere else. If there's some kind of threat from another party it could be more complicated than that.
Thanks for quick reply.
For the controlled app thing, I want to know if google + your business ( no offense ) shuts down
will we still be able to play since this is non-online required app and we already have them downloaded ?

Because i remember there was ragnarok rpg app that i used to play but when their company went down and i started the app, it said that " no longer in service " despite of them being non online also :)

be informed that im asking this cus i love this app too much that i want to keep them forever!

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:46 pm

Okay, regarding that, when you connect online the first time the license is valid for a year (don't ask me why Lordus chose this :P) so you don't have to be online again until then. If Google shut us down we'd just release a free one somewhere else that doesn't need licensing.

soulsilver

Post by soulsilver » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Exophase wrote:Okay, regarding that, when you connect online the first time the license is valid for a year (don't ask me why Lordus chose this :P) so you don't have to be online again until then. If Google shut us down we'd just release a free one somewhere else that doesn't need licensing.
hmm still confused :P

so lets just say ( no offense again ) all googlers and the drastic devs disappeared into thin air and no one is now there to take care of the app.

Will we still be able to play? lol

beansta

Post by beansta » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:02 pm

I think the skip msg code is the one breaking here.

Fast forward cheat isnt requited since the emulator has a fast forward option. The double exp code should cause no trouble, i know this because i use that code and have had no issues with it.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

soulsilver

Post by soulsilver » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:14 pm

beansta wrote:I think the skip msg code is the one breaking here.

Fast forward cheat isnt requited since the emulator has a fast forward option. The double exp code should cause no trouble, i know this because i use that code and have had no issues with it.

is that the FPS skip thing??

Let me know ~ Thanks for your reply!!

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:51 pm

soulsilver wrote:hmm still confused :P

so lets just say ( no offense again ) all googlers and the drastic devs disappeared into thin air and no one is now there to take care of the app.

There are a couple other people who have access to the source code, and if something happens to both me and Lordus they can release it into the public. This doesn't include any of the Android specific stuff though, so if that happens before they're given access to that someone would need to do that part over.

soulsilver

Post by soulsilver » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:57 pm

Exophase wrote:
soulsilver wrote:hmm still confused :P

There are a couple other people who have access to the source code, and if something happens to both me and Lordus they can release it into the public. This doesn't include any of the Android specific stuff though, so if that happens before they're given access to that someone would need to do that part over.
how about them too lol;

my scenario is.. after 500 years and no one gives a penny about android or nintendo ds and google, drastic is gone and so is anyone with the source, but if i still have it in my ( lets say im alive ) old android phone, would it still run and be able to play? :D

Sean

Post by Sean » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:57 pm

soulsilver wrote:my scenario is.. after 500 years and no one gives a penny about android or nintendo ds and google, drastic is gone and so is anyone with the source, but if i still have it in my ( lets say im alive ) old android phone, would it still run and be able to play? :D
I doubt your phone would survive that long :lol: But even if it did, by that time even mobile 3ds and wii u emulators will have come and gone, so you would barely play DraStic anyway.