DraStic Glitch Repository

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
crispi
Re: DraStic Glitch Repository

Post by crispi » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:21 pm

DraStic Version: 2.2.1.2a (newest standard version and the same with the beta)
Game: Age of Mythologies
Glitch description and how to replicate: game crash quite frequently when watching battle animation. Its strange because it doesn't happen always at the same battle(i sabe, attack, game crash but maybe you make the same 3 times and there is no game crash). With lastest beta release i found that the glitch is bigger and worse, now the screen turns grey and you cannot do anything, the only way to go out is hard rebooting, loosing or maybe corrupting data on our android.
Folder with all data like Copy of savestate or ingame save: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rusqpnbofbbz ... 0dL6a?dl=0

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:17 am

Money well spent dude, money well spent. Got the latest beta update just recently and 'tis 'swell the geometry corruption bug on American Girl titles are fixed. There's one tiny problem though, not a show-stopper but you might want to look into this:

As you can see, Kit is supposed to be on the primary screen where you can see a preview of her wearing an outfit which can be selected on the touchscreen. Could be a draw order issue as the background is pre-rendered, but I'm not sure.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:03 pm

huckleberrypie wrote:As you can see, Kit is supposed to be on the primary screen where you can see a preview of her wearing an outfit which can be selected on the touchscreen. Could be a draw order issue as the background is pre-rendered, but I'm not sure.
Are you using frameskip, or the multithreaded 3D option?

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:55 pm

Nope, both frameskip and multi-threading are turned off.

EDIT: Seems like the graphics corruption fix for American Girl games broke compatibility with Pokemon SS as what happened with Desmume r5043. It's at the point where you're about to battle with Lance and make it to the Hall of Fame. Idk if you're up to playing through just to find out, but just choose whatever pokemon or moves you want. It shouldn't matter as long as you get rid of Lance's puny pets anyway:
http://sourceforge.net/p/desmume/bugs/1430/

Zeromus mentioned that there's a way around it - the CPU should only stall with vertex commands as what it does with Kit Mystery Challenge, but not all geometry stuff that goes to the FIFO while a swap is pending.

nebelwolfi

Post by nebelwolfi » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:32 pm

DraStic Version: r2.2.1.2a
Game: The World Ends With You
Glitch description and how to replicate: Randomly back to title screen in 3rd week and after a talk+battle+talk (With 2 reapers in The bottom right corner) crashes everytime -> cannot proceed in the story.
Copy of savestate or ingame save: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2TFqGw ... dJc2NmemM/

zeroobligation

Post by zeroobligation » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:18 am

zeroobligation wrote:I figured out exactly how to reproduce the freeze now.
If you load that old savestate I uploaded previously, and run spiderman to the right without slowing down, the game freezes as soon as you enter the portal. But if you stop, and slowly walk spidey through the portal without picking up any momentum, the game wouldn't freeze.
Hope that helps if any.
The same glitch is still there in 2.1.6.2a and beta.

Thanks!
zeroobligation wrote:DraStic Version:
2.1.5.1a

Game:
Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions

Glitch description and how to replicate:
After beating the final boss and reaching the end of the game cutscenes, 5 out 6 times the game just hangs at the screen switch.
To reproduce, load the savegame that's linked below, unpause, and walk Spider-man all the way to the screen-right.

Copy of savestate or ingame save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tzdyjj3y5dpn ... ns_0.rar?m
The freeze seems to have been fixed in the latest update; thank you so much, dev. team!
However a minor graphical glitch seems to have been introduced.

Also, the use right analog as touch input appears to be broken, still. :'(

Anyways thank you so much for the continued work on this emulator.
Attachments
53.png
in the latest beta the fog gets cut off in-game and you end up with this blackhole in the sky,
53.png (148.79KiB)Viewed 14621 times
46.png
where as in build 46 the fog displays fine.
46.png (148.11KiB)Viewed 14621 times

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:09 am

Its prolly my tab browser being sucky but I don't see the pics you attached. Specifically the one with fog issues
Behold my mighty

nebelwolfi

Post by nebelwolfi » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:54 pm

nebelwolfi wrote:DraStic Version: r2.2.1.2a
Game: The World Ends With You
Glitch description and how to replicate: Randomly back to title screen in 3rd week and after a talk+battle+talk (With 2 reapers in The bottom right corner) crashes everytime -> cannot proceed in the story.
Copy of savestate or ingame save: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2TFqGw ... dJc2NmemM/

Update: Only happens if you hold it horizontally... Vertikally you can proceed. (wtf?)

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:45 pm

nebelwolfi wrote:Update: Only happens if you hold it horizontally... Vertikally you can proceed. (wtf?)
Well that's weird.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:29 pm

Update on the SoulSilver glitch: both AmGirl and Pokemon SS games should now work properly as of build 55, though I still get the wardrobe bug in Kit Mystery Challenge.