DraStic Glitch Repository

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Q8-V08
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:29 am

Re: DraStic Glitch Repository

Post by Q8-V08 » Tue May 12, 2015 12:37 am

Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road
When multi-threaded 3d rendering is turned on the sky texture ovelaps gameplay make the characters impossible to see, during the intro too you can also see the house has a paler shadow on top of it making it look washed out.

User avatar
huckleberrypie
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: DraStic Glitch Repository

Post by huckleberrypie » Tue May 12, 2015 7:38 am

Q8-V08 wrote:Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road
When multi-threaded 3d rendering is turned on the sky texture ovelaps gameplay make the characters impossible to see, during the intro too you can also see the house has a paler shadow on top of it making it look washed out.
That's pretty much the reason why Exo and the guys issued a warning in regards to multi-threaded 3D. It works but it can and will render certain games broken or flat-out unplayable.

zeroobligation
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Re: DraStic Glitch Repository

Post by zeroobligation » Wed May 13, 2015 8:54 am

game: kights in the nightmare
drastic version: build 69
problem/regression: game flickers throughout, on default settings.

Exophase
Posts: 1711
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: DraStic Glitch Repository

Post by Exophase » Wed May 13, 2015 9:33 pm

zeroobligation wrote:game: kights in the nightmare
drastic version: build 69
problem/regression: game flickers throughout, on default settings.
If there aren't problems like this I can't justify keeping things in beta for as long as we do ;) Thanks for the catch, I've got the fix in place, it'll be in the next beta/release.

CosmicKobal
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:05 pm

Re: DraStic Glitch Repository

Post by CosmicKobal » Sat May 16, 2015 1:18 pm

r2.3.0.2a

Golden Sun - Dark Dawn

After about 6 hours or so, and after going through the Konpa ruins/caves, Any attempt to buy new weapons/armor/artifacts, etc results in game either resetting by itself, or freezing.

I tried to upload a savestate, but received a message saying that 'the extension dss in not allowed'. if someone can walk me through this, I'll gladly upload a savestate.

zeroobligation
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Re: DraStic Glitch Repository

Post by zeroobligation » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:56 pm

Exophase wrote:
zeroobligation wrote:game: kights in the nightmare
drastic version: build 69
problem/regression: game flickers throughout, on default settings.
If there aren't problems like this I can't justify keeping things in beta for as long as we do ;) Thanks for the catch, I've got the fix in place, it'll be in the next beta/release.
Game looks good now thanks! :D

zeroobligation
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Re: DraStic Glitch Repository

Post by zeroobligation » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:01 pm

game: nintendogs
DraStic version: build 75
glitch/regression: game flickers in the title screen. multithreaded 3d rendering off.

User avatar
ericbazinga
Posts: 1122
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Contact:

Re: DraStic Glitch Repository

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:38 pm

zeroobligation wrote:game: nintendogs
DraStic version: build 75
glitch/regression: game flickers in the title screen. multithreaded 3d rendering off.
Could we possibly get a screenshot?
Image

Find me elsewhere at:

Discord: Ericbazinga#9215 (active daily)
Bulbapedia: http://tinyurl.com/zgyalrx (pretty much defunct)

Exophase
Posts: 1711
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: DraStic Glitch Repository

Post by Exophase » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:45 am

zeroobligation wrote:game: nintendogs
DraStic version: build 75
glitch/regression: game flickers in the title screen. multithreaded 3d rendering off.
It's another thing that has to do with how pseudo-layers are detected so they can be kept in hires that was handled incorrectly. Will be fixed next beta.

Exophase
Posts: 1711
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: DraStic Glitch Repository

Post by Exophase » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:58 pm

Revisited some long standing issues reported here:

- Daniel X: had to do with relying on VRAM mirroring to unallocated slots that wasn't implemented. Should work now.
- Puyo Pop Fever: I suspect this had to do with sprite wrapping problems that I've fixed elsehwere (Wariowar DIY title) but I need to check it on an ARM device to be sure.

Green stuff around trees in Animal Crossing (and presumably same issue w/Spirit Tracks) only happens in ARM code, so I should hopefully be able to debug/fix that soon.

Post Reply