DraStic Glitch Repository

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
TheForsakenEvil
Re: DraStic Glitch Repository

Post by TheForsakenEvil » Sun May 10, 2015 6:17 pm

TkSilver wrote:Odd question but how many games do you have in one folder? Try taking front mission (a game I own and confirmed that the icon is correct) and make a folder for it. See if it is still messed up then.
Eh, around 40 or so, lol. All of my games are in one folder.
I moved Front Mission to a new folder elsewhere and the icon is still glitched.
Lordus wrote:Also, try renaming the .nds file, so it's certain it doesn't use the icon of the zip file.
Aha, doing that seemed to fix the icon. So, the solution is to uncompress and rename them all?
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-05-10-18-16-35.png
Screenshot_2015-05-10-18-16-35.png (113.62KiB)Viewed 15341 times

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sun May 10, 2015 7:05 pm

No, that was just for testing to force it to create a new icon. You could also have taken the zip out of the folder and delete the icon cache, but that would have been more complicated than just renaming the nds file.
I think it happens only with zip files that are not compressed. You can check if the file size of the nds and zip is the same (actually the zip should be a few bytes larger, because of the header).
It's a bug, will try to fix it for the next update. For now you can try recompressing the nds file, with compression active.

TheForsakenEvil

Post by TheForsakenEvil » Sun May 10, 2015 7:09 pm

Oh, okay.

Btw, the zip files are compressed.

Edit: After recrompessing the nds file (file was only .2 MB larger than previous zip), the icon stayed the same. Out of sudden desire for neatness, I renamed the zip back to the name of the previous zip (deleted). The icon went back to being scrambled but totally differently and the title when clicked on would be in Japanese.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sun May 10, 2015 7:23 pm

Did you delete the icons from the cache again, otherwise it will just use the old scrambled one, if the file has the same name?
I can reproduce it, but only with zips that have compression method 'store'.
Which program/app are you using to compress them?

TheForsakenEvil

Post by TheForsakenEvil » Sun May 10, 2015 7:31 pm

I did clear the icon cache again. I mean that after renaming it to the name of the old file, it got scrambled again but the icon was scrambled differently.
I am using AndroZip.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sun May 10, 2015 8:17 pm

TheForsakenEvil wrote:I did clear the icon cache again. I mean that after renaming it to the name of the old file, it got scrambled again but the icon was scrambled differently.
I am using AndroZip.
You don't even have to zip the files. a bare .nds file should work fine (at least it does with me). Why don't you try that?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

TheForsakenEvil

Post by TheForsakenEvil » Sun May 10, 2015 8:28 pm

I like to conserve as much space as I can. Anyway, I've went ahead and went through the process with all of the games with bugged icons. They all have a little asterisk at the end of their name, but that's better than a scrambled image for an icon.

Edit: Actually, nevermind. Now it is telling me they aren't valid ROMs when I click start game.

Edit 2: After extracting the nds file, it ran the ROM fine. After compressing to zip again, it gives me the same error. Very odd.
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-05-10-20-27-55.png
Screenshot_2015-05-10-20-27-55.png (111.39KiB)Viewed 15321 times

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sun May 10, 2015 8:57 pm

There is a problem at the moment with ZIPs that have no compression. It can cause both the garbled icon, and the game not opening with an error message that it's not a valid ROM, or that it's encrypted.
I also checked compressed ZIPs that were created by AndroZip, and they also don't work at the moment.
Both issues will probably be fixed in the next update.

TheForsakenEvil

Post by TheForsakenEvil » Sun May 10, 2015 9:00 pm

Alrighty, thanks for the heads up, Lordus.

Edit: @Sean
My bad, man. Wasn't really thinking about it.
Last edited by TheForsakenEvil on Mon May 11, 2015 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sean

Post by Sean » Sun May 10, 2015 11:18 pm

TheForsakenEvil just for the future, when posting images, try to resize them so they don't take up so much space on the screen. Glad you got the issue sorted out though.