Pokemon Hearthgold problem with wrong saves

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
JasperSimons
Pokemon Hearthgold problem with wrong saves

Post by JasperSimons » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:22 pm

ey guys,

i have an problem with Pokemon Hearthgold on my drastic. I first starded playing and picked the 'wrong starter', so i reset the game and pick the right one.
now i have beaten the elite 4 and it goes back to the beginscreen, but i can only select the old save, with the wrong starter i didnt even play.
How can i fix this?

SSUPII

Re: Pokemon Hearthgold problem with wrong saves

Post by SSUPII » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:07 am

JasperSimons wrote:ey guys,

i have an problem with Pokemon Hearthgold on my drastic. I first starded playing and picked the 'wrong starter', so i reset the game and pick the right one.
now i have beaten the elite 4 and it goes back to the beginscreen, ?but i can only select the old save, with the wrong starter i didnt even play.
How can i fix this?
Check the Drastic Saves' folder (sdcard/Drastic/backup) and see if there are some files with the same name. Do you used savestates?
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

JeaneMaggie

Re: Pokemon Hearthgold problem with wrong saves

Post by JeaneMaggie » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:03 pm

JasperSimons wrote:ey guys,

now i have beaten the elite 4 and it goes back to the beginscreen, but i can only select the old save, with the wrong starter i didnt even play.
How can i fix this?
Did you naively delete the old save in game? (L+B+up+select or something like that). If you just reset or load a save state via DraStic (which I'm assuming you did since you most definitely did not delete the old zone and the pokemon trainer games for ds will not let you overwrite your old save since it has to be deleted beforehand in order to save a new game). And used save states throughout the whole game, you're
Spoiler!
screwed.
Bye-bye needed save.

Okay, I'll make things simpler. Were you at any point able to make an in game save in the new zone?
If not, re read the bold in the previous paragraph.
SSUPII wrote:Check the Drastic Saves' folder (sdcard/Drastic/backup) and see if there are some files with the same name. Do you used savestates?
If Simons did anything of what I mentioned above, their precious save files in the DraStic folder whether they be saves or save states will be useless.