Pokemon SoulSilver save doesnt work

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
ZFrost
Pokemon SoulSilver save doesnt work

Post by ZFrost » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:45 pm

Hi all

Just downloaded trial version of Drastic and get myself a copy of Soul Silver English ROM

Question is, how do I save with Drastic? Savestate is not available to free user, so I cant test that out. As for in-game save, it sort of doesnt work. Here's what happen

1) Start Pokemon SS
2) do the intro thingy. Talk to mom to activate the "save" option (in-game)
3) save the game
4) restart the game
5) no save file found, it automatically redirects me to the intro thingy again
6) did (2)
7) save the game. It mention there's an existing save file but its not available in the Pokemon SS Main menu?

I'm aware that the Trial version is limited in features and only last for 30 minutes, but at the moment the game is broken for me

Is this a bug? Or is this trial version limitations. On one hand, it seems silly that basic feature didnt work. But on the other hand, it seems plausible that the feature is disable to prevent people from abusing it (play 30 minute, copy safe file, uninstall Drastic, reinstall, rinse&repeat)

Some confirmation (preferably from the Dev) on this will definitely help me make the purchase

EDIT : I'm on Nexus 6p running android 6. Could this be a device issue?

Lordus

Re: Pokemon SoulSilver save doesnt work

Post by Lordus » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:57 pm

It's a limitation of the demo version. Savestates and in-game saves only work in the full version.

Exophase

Re: Pokemon SoulSilver save doesnt work

Post by Exophase » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:59 pm

This is intentional. The purpose of the demo is to see how the emulator runs on your device, so you can decide if the performance is suitable and if you're comfortable with the controls and things like that. It's not meant for actually seriously playing anything with. The ability to save (or especially, create save states) would make the time limit only a minor inconvenience for a lot of games. The time limit isn't saved across runs anyway so you wouldn't even need to uninstall the emulator.