Missing UI elements on Shield TV from "tv mode" and a bug.

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
retroben
Missing UI elements on Shield TV from "tv mode" and a bug.

Post by retroben » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:19 am

On my Shield TV Pro,I use a Logitech K400 Plus keyboard w/ touchpad because I can't use a gamepad at all for unfair personal reasons,there is no way to select which mode you are in so I am stuck in tv mode without my favorite grey extra-useful menu because of this frustration.
The menu was present on my Shield TV Pro via an older demo version I tried out,but now it is gone for some ridiculous reason. :evil:
I can confirm Mupen64Plus AE's touch controls work while I know RetroArch's touch is broken on Shield TV OTAs w/ Android M,and the touchscreen in DraStic responds to me clicking it perfectly fine.

Also,even though I don't have any gamepad active,the screen editor misbehaves with the top screen sliding to the bottom after moving the mouse cursor via keyboard's touchpad and pressing arrow keys makes it keep moving in the direction pressed,I was attempting to get it in the portrait layout. :(

The missing menu had an option to select display position on the fly without the annoying editing requirement and many other helpful features that are missing in tv mode,including visual convenience keeping the gameplay onscreen when going for savestate slots and other options.
In the same scenario of physical input mapping,the convenient options are missing,so I can't map a button to set the screens into vertical portrait style.

Please add an option to choose the mode for those of us that can't stand hidden stuff from them,the lack of an option to change it is a design flaw because one could get stuck in tv mode on a tablet too.

I shelled out the sheckles expecting to still have that wonderful grey menu only to end up disappointed by it being trashed in an update. :cry:
Not asking for a refund,just really want the menu access back,PLEASE!

At least my custom SM64DS cheats work for 60fps mode and walk on slippery slopes.

Lordus

Re: Missing UI elements on Shield TV from "tv mode" and a bu

Post by Lordus » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:30 am

The TV mode has the radial menu, just like the standard version does. It was never removed.
Do you have a key mapped to 'Open Menu' in the special section of the external controller mapping?
What happens when you press that key?
Normally you shouldn't even be able to get into the full game menu without opening the radial menu first.

retroben

Re: Missing UI elements on Shield TV from "tv mode" and a bu

Post by retroben » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:26 pm

Thanks for the help of my blatant forgetful stupidity.
I was a little too freakish with my response too,sorry about that.
Seeing how any |=| menu button would bring it up,the Shield TV controller should also be able to open the full menu as well via its menu button.

Might I ask what is used to handle the touchscreen event?
I am suffering from Android M's destruction of touch access in RetroArch,and it would help to know if DraStic's method for touch is NOT Java from the "RA for Android" devs not liking it.