How well does Pokémon Heartgold/Soulsilver emulate?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
cloudropis
How well does Pokémon Heartgold/Soulsilver emulate?

Post by cloudropis » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:04 am

Title says all. Minor glitches are not a big deal, but I'd like to know about possible save breaking bugs.
Also, do the clock based events work properly?

Kyousuke753

Re: How well does Pokémon Heartgold/Soulsilver emulate?

Post by Kyousuke753 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:12 pm

Soulsilver runs 100% fine also cheats work normally and you can even play with 2x graphics AKA high resolution.

Though at the start of the game at the start menu where lugia is flying in the background you might want to delete the current in-game save stored on it by pressing these 3 keys combinatiom together at the same time: UP+B+SELECT then choose to delete the in-game save stored so later on in the game you can save normally in-game when you complete the game.

This is the best DS emulator you'll ever stumble across to emulate a lot of games that run smoothly.

Lastly try to rely on in-game save more then Savestates because of corruption issues.

cloudropis

Post by cloudropis » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:37 pm

Kyousuke753 wrote:Soulsilver runs 100% fine also cheats work normally and you can even play with 2x graphics AKA high resolution.

Though at the start of the game at the start menu where lugia is flying in the background you might want to delete the current in-game save stored on it by pressing these 3 keys combinatiom together at the same time: UP+B+SELECT then choose to delete the in-game save stored so later on in the game you can save normally in-game when you complete the game.

This is the best DS emulator you'll ever stumble across to emulate a lot of games that run smoothly.

Lastly try to rely on in-game save more then Savestates because of corruption issues.
Thanks for the heads-up! But, are you saying there is already a save file present when starting the game? Why is that?
Good thing I never use savestates though

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:06 pm

Post removed for copyright sake.
Last edited by Kyousuke753 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:51 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:The developers of the Pokemon game prevented in-game overriding of the current in-game save stored at the moment.
*cough cough* BS. *cough*
Kyousuke753 wrote:This is to counter progress loss such as someone starting a new game over your save with heaps of hours played. But it's best you do it so you don't regret it when you are at the Pokemon league. Have a good day :D.
I think you're confusing in-game progress saves with the save file itself. In order to save your progress since your last save, you need to overwrite your previous save. This is normal and won't cause anything bad. Replacing of the save file (as in replacing a save file with a brand-new, no-progress-yet save), usually requires a certain button combination in order to be prompted to delete the save. This combination is there to make sure nobody deletes their save on accident. And it's worked decently well thus far.

Anyway doing in-game saves should work fine, it does for me at least.

**And now for an off-topic comment directed towards Kyousuke753. Cloudropis, this doesn't concern you, and I hope you have a good day too.**

I signed up for a sweepstakes (Totally legit, 100% sure), and if I win, I get a really cool portable projector. I seriously doubt i'll win, but hey, it's worth a shot. Wish me luck!

(Also I get another entry if people click this link and enter, so please do so: https://wn.nr/TmUvHL ) :D

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:33 am

I was referring to this...http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1119 hope that explains it :D my apologies if I wasn't clear enough..

@Eric I never enter what I can't win but I wish you the best of luck :P.
Last edited by Kyousuke753 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:37 am

ericbazinga wrote:
Kyousuke753 wrote:The developers of the Pokemon game prevented in-game overriding of the current in-game save stored at the moment.
*cough cough* BS. *cough*
Kyousuke753 wrote:This is to counter progress loss such as someone starting a new game over your save with heaps of hours played. But it's best you do it so you don't regret it when you are at the Pokemon league. Have a good day :D.
I think you're confusing in-game progress saves with the save file itself. In order to save your progress since your last save, you need to overwrite your previous save. This is normal and won't cause anything bad. Replacing of the save file (as in replacing a save file with a brand-new, no-progress-yet save), usually requires a certain button combination in order to be prompted to delete the save. This combination is there to make sure nobody deletes their save on accident. And it's worked decently well thus far.

Anyway doing in-game saves should work fine, it does for me at least.

**And now for an off-topic comment directed towards Kyousuke753. Cloudropis, this doesn't concern you, and I hope you have a good day too.**

I signed up for a sweepstakes (Totally legit, 100% sure), and if I win, I get a really cool portable projector. I seriously doubt i'll win, but hey, it's worth a shot. Wish me luck!

(Also I get another entry if people click this link and enter, so please do so: https://wn.nr/TmUvHL ) :D
I would warn you about offtopic posts tho esp with links like that. i know its safe and all but never hijack someones thread.
Behold my mighty

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:54 am

I apologize @Jay Haru I won't link to another thread again :(.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:02 am

Jay Haru wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:**And now for an off-topic comment directed towards Kyousuke753. Cloudropis, this doesn't concern you, and I hope you have a good day too.**

I would warn you about offtopic posts tho esp with links like that. i know its safe and all but never hijack someones thread.
Sorry I wont do it again.

At least I'll try not to

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

cloudropis

Post by cloudropis » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:27 am

I'm a bit confused, so is there a save file already when starting the for the first time or not? Either way, I'll do the button combination just to be safe.
Do all the clock related events work fine?