DraStic resume game glitch(?)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Fefo
Re: DraStic resume game glitch(?)

Post by Fefo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:54 pm

I doubt that animations waste any meaningful ammount of memory, but I disable them on principle. Processor things shouldn't affect memory management (I think), but even so toying with clock and voltage demands research and time. Better deal with it at least until I can do some reliable testing.

It might be my kernel, I'll test it later along with other things.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:04 pm

Fefo wrote: Strangest one was when I "multitasked" from a game and tried to return through the app drawer, which led me to the emu's start screen. I left the app and tried to open it from the recents tab and voilá, game's still there. Different activities maybe?
If your phone is low on ram android memory manager (the reason you should not use task managers) will send instructions to your app to write out certain information into the apps cache. I am not sure what DraStic writes or doesn't write but that is the most likely reason.
Kyousuke753 wrote:Don't root your device it's risky to brick and ruin your phone costing you money and time.
Once your out of warrenty there is little reason not to root your device and if you use modern tools and get help from experienced users it is generally safe. Loading custom versions of Android can be somewhat risky if they were coded poorly, but that can also happen if your manufacturer pushes out a bad update as well.
Fefo wrote:I doubt that animations waste any meaningful ammount of memory, but I disable them on principle. Processor things shouldn't affect memory management (I think), but even so toying with clock and voltage demands research and time. Better deal with it at least until I can do some reliable testing.

It might be my kernel, I'll test it later along with other things.
Overclocking woild only help if all your processor's clock cycles were being used up and tasks were getting killed to save clock cycles. Unless you were trying to multitask gaming over emulating this should probably not be the case.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:21 pm

Here I have 2GB of RAM, and unless tab-heavy usage is always under 1GB. No app killers of course, I know their fame. That's why I suspect of something beyond that. I had cases where I locked my phone to workwhile playing for hours and when I unlocked things where there, and cases where after some minutes the app reseted, or even soft-locked my phone: http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3192

Again, no memory heavy things on the background aside from Google things. Those issues became more frequent lately, albeit I can't pinpoint when.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:37 pm

It sucks how the Android operating system takes up half the RAM available on my Huawei Ascend Y635 which has 1GB RAM. I know for sure it's all the bloatware installed that takes up RAM.

Though Fefo you might want to close other apps before running Drastic.

TBH I've hardly touched the Drastic emulator installed on my phone ATM for 1 month and I only use it to test bugs in Pokemon lols.