pokemon trading

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
arceus69
pokemon trading

Post by arceus69 » Tue May 24, 2016 8:35 am

i currently have pokemon emerald on my old game boy advance. i dont want to buy a second gameboy and my parents have said no to this and i was wondering if i could trade pokemon from my gba pokemon emerald game to another gba pokemon game that i play on a emulator. is this possible?

TkSilver

Re: pokemon trading

Post by TkSilver » Tue May 24, 2016 9:05 am

I have not seen any gameboy advanced emulators that can connect to a physical gameboy advance to do a trade. But it is possible on some emulators to trade betweeen games as long as both devices wanting to do the trade are running the same emulator, usually they also require each device to have a copy of the game the other device is emulating and various other restrictions.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Tue May 24, 2016 9:32 am

Buy a Retrode (https://www.dragonbox.de/en/71-retrode- ... 50091.html) and a GBA plugin (https://www.dragonbox.de/en/135-retrode ... trode.html).
Plug the game in via the plugin and plug it into your computer. Open up File Explorer and find a drive labeled 'Retrode' (or something similar, not sure). The game's ROM, as well as the save file, should be there. Click and drag the save to the desktop, and open up the emulator's files and put the save file you just downloaded into the saves folder. Should work.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Tue May 24, 2016 10:18 am

His parents said no to spending money lols...but okay since you have access to an emulator just use cheats to edit the wild pokemon instead of wasting time and money...up to you Arceus69.