Renaming a game and its savestate

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Juan Vargas
Renaming a game and its savestate

Post by Juan Vargas » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:46 pm

Hi, in this short question I want to know if I can rename a game and its savestate without breaking them. For example, if I rename "5585 - Pokemon - Black Version (DSi Enhanced)(USA) (E)(SweeTnDs).nds" to just "Pokemon Black.nds" and then I rename its savefile from "5585 - Pokemon - Black Version (DSi Enhanced)(USA) (E).dsv" to "Pokemon Black.dsv" then the game will load the savefile? Or I must let those names?

Thanks for answer me :D

Kyousuke753

Re: Renaming a game and its savestate

Post by Kyousuke753 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:39 am

I don't think it affects the savestates I have renamed 20 DS roms names like for example 0168-Mario Kart Ds.nds...I have renamed it to Mario Kart.nds and the save files and states still work fine, also you can rename the save states and the game still works fine. I have tested it out so I can confirm (I've changed names of savestates in DraStic folders Backup and Savestates). :). as long as the save is not corrupted then it should work fine even if renamed.

DON'T RENAME .DSS TO ANYTHING LEAVE IT ALONE
\/
!!!SEE THIS>? > 0168-Mario Kart DS.dss or 0168-Mario Kart DS.dsv...you can rename it to anything but leave the (.dss and .dsv) alone.
/\
you can rename 0168-Mario Kart DS to whatever you want to name it but when you see dot at the bottom it means stop
Last edited by Kyousuke753 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:47 am

if it doesn't work for you then it means your save states are corrupted because you played with cheats that may break the game...oh I forgot if you save in-game then you can still transfer it just like the save states on DraStic. :)

Juan Vargas

Post by Juan Vargas » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:24 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:if it doesn't work for you then it means your save states are corrupted because you played with cheats that may break the game...oh I forgot if you save in-game then you can still transfer it just like the save states on DraStic. :)
Oh great, I hope it works :)

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:43 am

it should work Juan...by the way have you purchased DraStic yet? or still waiting for your father to approve?

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:49 am

The naming is kinda picky
[Game Name].nds and [game name].dss will not work together so make sure all punctuation (which has always been a bad idea in file names anyways), capitalization, and all characters are "exactly" the same the only difference should be one is .nds and one is .dss or.dsv

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:50 am

TkSilver wrote:The naming is kinda picky
[Game Name].nds and [game name].dss will not work together so make sure all punctuation (which has always been a bad idea in file names anyways), capitalization, and all characters are "exactly" the same the only difference should be one is .nds and one is .dss or.dsv
you nailed the explanation. cheers :)

Juan Vargas

Post by Juan Vargas » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:15 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:it should work Juan...by the way have you purchased DraStic yet? or still waiting for your father to approve?
Yes, I'm still trying, but he told me he will think about it, so there's still hope, I bet he will say yes

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:29 pm

I know how it feels when parents say no to you...so Juan I think your father is going to say no this time.
Last edited by Kyousuke753 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Juan Vargas

Post by Juan Vargas » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:30 pm

Kyousuke753 wrote:Hey Juan in case your father says no...and your left feeling disappointed...I know a method to get you DraStic (legitimately)...my Gmail is jnshadowman@gmail.com (my main email for work and other purposes) email me and I'll show you how to get DraStic (paid version I paid for)

I can gift you the app because I paid for it... if your interested Juan send me an email to jnshadowman@gmail.com I'll reply ASAP to get you DraStic so you can start playing straight away.
Really? that would be nice, but are you sure?