Using Touch screen with external controller

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
rhino0187
Using Touch screen with external controller

Post by rhino0187 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:57 pm

Hello, I'm trying to use the touch screen with an external controller. The pointer moves around find but I can't figure out how you assign a button to actually touch the screen.

Lordus

Re: Using Touch screen with external controller

Post by Lordus » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:21 am

Go to options > external controller, press 'map special' and assign a button to 'pointer down'.

rhino0187

Post by rhino0187 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:18 pm

Thanks a lot, worked great

akanee11

Post by akanee11 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:07 pm

Hello all !
I have a big issues with this emulator i bought it 5 euros and thé touchscreen is not operational ....
I been triée everything i found on internet but no tricks worked.

Please help me i have a NVIDIA shield tablet with shield controler...

Thanks all :)

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:19 pm

If your touch screen does not work at all in drastic (in the menu, on the title screen, ect....) then you have a major issue with your device. If the touch screen of the emulated DS is not working then tap the half circle with the triangle in it. This opens up the quick menu and then tap the pie wedge that looks like a DS stylus. That should enable the touch screen part of the emulated DS for you.

akanee11

Post by akanee11 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:22 am

Already done but nothing happened too. And I have no problems with my shield tablet. It work fine on all emulators and games. I have a shield controller and it has been detected by the emulator. Then I saw all works fine. But no touche screen and it's a big problem cause I don't want to go every time on my tablet to touche this screen (yes cause I play with my TV my tablet is connected by hdmi) ....thanks again for your help and time for this big issue :)

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:14 am

So you want to touch the touchscreen with your controller, and not on the tablet?

If that's the case, you need to set the 'right stick mode' in the external controller settings to 'pointer mode', then you can move the stylus with the right thumb stick of your controller.
The default mapping for the Shield controller should have the pointer press mapped to L1.
If that doesn't work, or you have a custom mapping, then go to 'map special' in the external controller settings and map some button to 'pointer down'.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:13 am

Ahh I see so thats how you get it to work.