Weird text

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
AfricanAmericanDog
Weird text

Post by AfricanAmericanDog » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:09 pm

Does anyone know why my text is glitchy ?... its not on everything... happens also on etrian odyssey's shop

Menu

TkSilver

Re: Weird text

Post by TkSilver » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Usually I seem to get text like that when certain filters are used and the text gets "anti aliased", thoigh a few different filters do this. Sometimes the effect is exasperated by using higher then natural (for the system) resolutions. Check any filter you are using againt a different one and see if that helps, also if you are using the high res option you might try disabling that also.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:49 am

TkSilver wrote:Usually I seem to get text like that when certain filters are used and the text gets "anti aliased", thoigh a few different filters do this. Sometimes the effect is exasperated by using higher then natural (for the system) resolutions. Check any filter you are using againt a different one and see if that helps, also if you are using the high res option you might try disabling that also.
It's not because of shaders. DS's GPU has really, really, really weird texture interpolation and - really bizarrely - some games (mainly by Atlus) rely on its imprecisions to actually look correct for stuff like text. I haven't been able to perfectly reverse engineer the interpolation so I don't have an exact algorithm that would make it working. DeSmuME has similar problems, although not exactly the same.

But in hires mode it looks better because it's off by half a text pixel instead of a whole text pixel so you can read it a lot more easily.

AfricanAmericanDog

Post by AfricanAmericanDog » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:33 pm

Thanks guys ! :D