Drastic Compatible with Android N Developer Preview?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
swood15
Drastic Compatible with Android N Developer Preview?

Post by swood15 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:01 pm

When I select "load new game" Drastic doesn't detect any of the ROMs that are stored on my phone's internal storage (/storage/emulated/0). The ROMs are all .nds file type and should be legit, I'm wondering if this is just an incompatibility with the Android N dev preview that I'm running on my Nexus 6P or if there's something else I'm missing? See below for screenshot of load game screen. I'm using Drastic version r2.4.0.2a.

Lordus

Re: Drastic Compatible with Android N Developer Preview?

Post by Lordus » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:12 pm

It seems that Android N doesn't allow to list the files/folders in the file system root '/' anymore (although it's not mentioned in their list of changes).
So any file explorer app should have the same problem if you navigate to /.
You should be able to launch a .nds file from a file explorer, though.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:40 am

Lordus wrote:It seems that Android N doesn't allow to list the files/folders in the file system root '/' anymore (although it's not mentioned in their list of changes).
So any file explorer app should have the same problem if you navigate to /.
You should be able to launch a .nds file from a file explorer, though.
Yeah I believe you can directly launch NDS files in Drastic if you tap them in a file manager like ES File Explorer or Total Commander (Launch on intent or file association? Never knew many emulators actually supported this kind of loading but quite a lot do)

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:54 pm

Android N huh? Probably shouldn't use it yet (still too buggy), but hey, it's your phone and your files to lose.

I was reading up on Android N... Apparently the N stands for Nutella. And since I just happen to love Nutella, I might buy an Android N tablet just because of that reason. I did that with Android KitKat, after all... :)

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:07 pm

ericbazinga wrote:Android N huh? Probably shouldn't use it yet (still too buggy), but hey, it's your phone and your files to lose.

I was reading up on Android N... Apparently the N stands for Nutella. And since I just happen to love Nutella, I might buy an Android N tablet just because of that reason. I did that with Android KitKat, after all... :)
Virtually any product by Ferrero is awesome. Kinder chocolate, nutella, Rocher etc :P

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:43 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:Android N huh? Probably shouldn't use it yet (still too buggy), but hey, it's your phone and your files to lose.

Virtually any product by Ferrero is awesome. Kinder chocolate, nutella, Rocher etc :P
I'm actually not fond of whole hazelnuts, but when you turn it into a spread and add chocolate, you've got something awesome. Helps when you're allergic to peanut butter :-P

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:03 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:

I'm actually not fond of whole hazelnuts, but when you turn it into a spread and add chocolate, you've got something awesome. Helps when you're allergic to peanut butter :-P
be afraid....

Behold my mighty

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:07 pm

Jay Haru wrote: be afraid....

I'm
1) a guy
2) also allergic to kittens
3) not gonna fall for that
4) sure that is a Photoshop

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:11 pm

ericbazinga wrote: I'm
1) a guy
Behold my mighty

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:17 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
ericbazinga wrote: I'm
1) a guy
Your memes always crack me up :-)