Hello guys, Noob checking in ! controls question.

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Misusedapostrophe
Hello guys, Noob checking in ! controls question.

Post by Misusedapostrophe » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:35 am

Hello every one. I have recently tried my hand at emulation on Android and have been having a great time of it. I decided to buy Drastic DS and on my tablet it's absolutely fantastic. However, I wanted to take it one step further as I have a 65" TV so bought one of the Mad Catz M.O.J.O consoles at the rock bottom price of £59 delivered (Amazon).

Any way the emulator runs absolutely superbly on the M.O.J.O thanks to the Tegra hardware. I used to get slowdowns on TNSMB on the map menu but running the Tegra has alleviated that problem. However, now I face another problem, the console does not offer a touch screen and I can't play games properly with just a controller (I am probably missing something glaring but I haven't had any success so far).

Any way, my issue is that with the M.O.J.O controller and a Razer Serval (again knock down price on Amazon) is that I can't touch items. So for example in TNSMB I can stash a mushroom, flower etc on the touch part of the DS but I am unable to touch it with the controller. When I move the right stick a little pen appears but I have pressed every button on both controllers and nothing happens. It wouldn't be so much of a problem if it weren't for the fact I am playing Donkey Kong Climber is it? where you absolutely must utilise the touch screen in order to play the game. With TNSMB it's not so much of a problem, I just have to get through as much as I can without ever using my spare.

As I mentioned before I am probably missing something really glaring but I just can't seem to find the info on it.

BTW - congratulations on an absolutely fantastic emulator. It's definitely one of the best I've used !

Andrew.

Lordus

Re: Hello guys, Noob checking in ! controls question.

Post by Lordus » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:08 pm

I guess the M.O.J.O does not run Android TV, so DraStic probably runs in standard mode.
You can see which mode it's in on the main menu:
- Android TV mode: Dark gray background with logo in upper left
- Standard mode: Light gray background with logo centered

In Android TV mode, the pointer press is mapped to the left trigger by default, and you can move it with the right analog stick. As you described, that last part already works.
If the left trigger does not cause the pointer to be pressed (you should see the little stylus icon changing color), you can map it in external controller settings > map special.
That's problematic at the moment, though, and has to be redone for devices without touchscreen, because you can't press the 'skip' button for functions you don't want to map.

Misusedapostrophe

Post by Misusedapostrophe » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:20 pm

That's fantastic info I will give it a try later after the football/soccer :)

Thanks.

Misusedapostrophe

Post by Misusedapostrophe » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi there. It seems it is running in Standard Mode. However, when I go to Map Special it is greyed out :(

Edit. I can skip though as the M.O.J.O controller has mouse mode, giving me a pointer.

Edit. Now that doesn't make sense. OK, so I can use the "Generic controller" profile. However, with that the Map Special option is greyed out. I can map the controller manually but it's very confusing and the analogue triggers don't work (if I press them to assign them nothing happens).

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:40 pm

The generic profile is a standard mapping that's active when a controller is connected, so you can already use it without mapping it manually.
You can't change the generic mapping, that's why the mapping buttons are grayed out.
If you click on 'Select Key Mapping' you have 3 slots do do different custom mappings.
The analog inputs (analog triggers and left/right analog sticks) can't be mapped at the moment, they'll always have the same functionality:
Left/right analog triggers: DS L/R triggers
Left stick: DS D-Pad
Right stick: can be set to either Pointer mode, or different touch input modes