Drastic Crash

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
darksergio92
Drastic Crash

Post by darksergio92 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:39 am

Hi there, i'm using a sony xperia z3 compact running lollipop. I can't seem to be able to run the app properly. After its launch, i can go in the options menu, but if i try to load games, the app freezes. I've tryed to put the roms in the internal storage with no luck. I've already disabled notifications as the troubleshooting suggested, but nothing changed. I would attach a log file, if i actually knew how to. Thanks for the support

darksergio92

Re: Drastic Crash

Post by darksergio92 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:29 am

Apparently, the problem lies in reading the external memory card. When i try to read into it, i find that the game folder name is colored in blue, but if i try to click on it, everything crashes. if i open up the game from explorer it seems to work tough. Looks like a software bug to me. Copying the games on the internal memory now (unzipped).

darksergio92

Post by darksergio92 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:08 am

apparently, even opening up the file directly from an explorer app (like file explorer) leads to crush.

TL; DR:

If you're experiencing problems loading games, as the troubleshooting pointed out, put them in a folder on your internal storage, unzipped. If the app isn't able to load them yet, try to reboot and open them from an explorer app, then you should be good to go.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:46 am

First make sure that you're using the latest version (2.4.0.2a), it fixes issues with certain 7z files, that could make the app crash.
If you're using the latest version and it still happens, you could try to remove all files from the folder, then add them one by one and see if any specific file makes it crash.
If even the .nds file crashes, then that's either damaged in some way, or there is some other problem. Which game are you trying to load?