[Solved] Paid version can't write to config directory

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
neoman4426
[Solved] Paid version can't write to config directory

Post by neoman4426 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:54 am

Phone is an AT&T variant Note 3 running Lollipop 5.0, stock ROM build OC2, rooted. Have attempted both with and without the edit to platform.xml to revert sdcard access rights to the way it worked pre KitKat. When I try to run DraStic I get the message "DraStic could not write to /storage/emulated/0/DraStic. Please check the free space on the internal storage and make sure the directory has writing permission. Also try to reboot your device" and closes out. Demo version runs fine on the device, and apps that allow writing to arbitrary folders have no trouble writing to the folder specified. I have tried both opted into the beta and not if relevant, but have not been pushed a different build than the normal Play Store version as far as I can tell. I think that's all the potentially relevant information, let me know if I need to include more. Any ideas?
Last edited by neoman4426 on Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lordus

Re: Paid version claims it can't write to config directory

Post by Lordus » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:33 am

Please try deleting the 'DraStic' folder from your internal memory, then reboot the device and start the app again.
If you still get the error, check if there were any files created inside the 'DraStic' folder at all.
The external SD-card permissions shouldn't have anything to do with this.

neoman4426

Post by neoman4426 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:52 pm

Doing so results in the same thing, no folder is created. I've also tried copying the folder over from a device it was working on, same result. Attempting to open an .nds file from a file manager launches and gives the same result of saying it can't write to the directory, but also produces a crash that allows me to submit a report which I sent

neoman4426

Post by neoman4426 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:38 am

I must have applied the sd card write permission fixer incorrectly or something, I installed an app that applies it for you and it works now.