Compatability

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Jay Haru
Re: Compatability

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:24 pm

OlavG wrote:Hi, I'm experiencing the follow problem when running the demo version on my Nexus S. Any chance it might work better with the bought version, or are they supposed to function identical except for the timelimit and un-save-ability?

Device: Nexus S (Has 1 GHz Cortex A8 processor, and satisfies the minimum req's as posted in the FAQ.)
DraStic Version: 2.2.0.2a DEMO
Game: All games I tried: Pokemon White 2, DQ Heroes: Rocket Slime, Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Glitch description and how to replicate: All games work fine, until they stop reacting at some point or another. The games go on, but the entire phone does not take input anymore for a minute or so. Usually I can continue playing after a minute or so, but it happens too often to be playable. Other times, my phone restarts itself after being stuck like this for some minutes. Some lag also occurs at 3D heavy parts (Pokemon W2 has this quite a bit), and it seems the 3D rendering option doesn't help much.

I realise this thread hasn't been updated in a while, but I figured posting here'd be preferred to me making a new thread just for this.
well... the games you are testing re somewhat intensive so minimum doesnt really cut it. add to that that current version is a bit resource hungry (devs are working on optimizing it) and yeah... i would suggest you wait for the next version and try them again or get a newer phone (dual core a9 at least) if you really want to play the 3d heavy stuff.
Behold my mighty

OlavG

Post by OlavG » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:38 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll keep it in mind, and I'll try out some less heavy games for now.

White Rabbit

Post by White Rabbit » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:27 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but there are occasionally thin horizontal lines on some dialog boxes in the Layton games (definitely happens in Layton 2-4, but not sure about the first title). Tested on Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (2013) and Xiaomi 2.

starwars_az

Post by starwars_az » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:11 pm

I can not get any roms to show up on my system (Galaxy S 3) even though they will load fine on my slate 7 tablet

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:49 pm

Jump Ultimate Stars translated loads to a white screen. The unpatched version works fine and both versions boot in DeSmuME variants. I am currently on the latest android beta release.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:56 pm

xperia64 wrote:Jump Ultimate Stars translated loads to a white screen. The unpatched version works fine and both versions boot in DeSmuME variants. I am currently on the latest android beta release.
Is it this one? http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1636/

Hopefully this is related to the issue with the Super Robot Wars translation failing (where the original works), which is ARM specific and something I was working through.

UPDATE: It's not because of the Super Robot Wars problem (which I've also fixed). It's probably because of the option to trim ROMs. Turn this option off, it breaks ROM hacks if they don't properly update the header game size to reflect the new size. We're making this option default off in the future.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:06 pm

Yep, works now. Thanks.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sat May 31, 2014 4:39 am

Game Title: American Girl: Kit Mystery Challenge
Device: Lenovo A369i (Mediatek MT6572/512MB RAM)
DraStic version: 2.2.1.2 demo
Report: The game loads up fine and in full speed when played on default settings, but it suffers from flickering. I know this and Julie Finds A Way runs with flickering issues on most emus, but I get this more often than expected.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat May 31, 2014 4:18 pm

huckleberrypie wrote:Game Title: American Girl: Kit Mystery Challenge
Report: The game loads up fine and in full speed when played on default settings, but it suffers from flickering. I know this and Julie Finds A Way runs with flickering issues on most emus, but I get this more often than expected.
Does it flicker if you disable frameskip?

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sat May 31, 2014 6:50 pm

Exophase wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:Game Title: American Girl: Kit Mystery Challenge
Does it flicker if you disable frameskip?
Yup, regardless of frameskip settings the glitch still persists.

EDIT: Here are some screenshots from my phone showing the problem. As you can see, the player character and/or her surroundings flicker in and out, most especially if I move around the scene: