Troubleshooting crashes/sudden closes and other problems

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
SolaireofRivia

Re: Troubleshooting crashes/sudden closes and other problems

Post by SolaireofRivia » Thu May 14, 2020 10:28 am

I've had some minor crashes which seem to be related to shortcuts since the last update (or maybe I simply hadn't encountered it before).

I'm using uncompressed .nds files for all my ROMs, and I generally store each ROM in its own separate folder.

When I load a game via a shortcut, then exit and enter Drastic normally, when I try to change the ROM from whatever it previously had loaded from the shortcut, it's not uncommon for it to either crash back to the menu, or crash completely when I load up a new ROM from "continue from last save". It usually always works fine on the second try, but I have also noticed it occasionally crashing on start when starting a game directly from a shortcut as well now. This doesn't seem to be corrupting the autosave or anything, as far as I can tell, it still loads normally usually on the 2nd try.

It's not making it unusable or anything, but it is a minor annoyance. I've disabled notifications for the app, but haven't tried much else. I have it set to load uncompressed ROMs to the RAM, unsure if it's related, I've had the option enabled ever since it was released though.

xperia64

Re: Troubleshooting crashes/sudden closes and other problems

Post by xperia64 » Tue May 19, 2020 1:37 pm

NickFR24 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:25 pm
I have a Samsung J2 core and Android 8.1.0
What does it say under "Mode" under Options->Advanced->Debug Info?