My ROM is messed up/corrupted?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
LifeMushroom
My ROM is messed up/corrupted?

Post by LifeMushroom » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:26 pm

So I've been using this emulator for a while with multiple games and it's pretty good.

I downloaded Magical Starsign, one of my favorite games. As I played it, I noticed characters started disappearing, garbled messes on the screen, and boxes appear when I play. I load the game and it fixes for a couple of minutes, and then it happens again.

Is this a DraStic issue or is it a ROM issue? If it's a ROM issue, how do I fix it? I tried downloading the EU version and using my US savestate; it was still corrupted.

Exophase

Re: My ROM is messed up/corrupted?

Post by Exophase » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:59 pm

It could be a bug in the emulator, we'll have to check it out to know for sure.

One thing I can tell you is that mixing savestates with different region ROMs is a bad idea and can definitely lead to problems on its own.

LifeMushroom

Post by LifeMushroom » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:43 am

Exophase wrote:It could be a bug in the emulator, we'll have to check it out to know for sure.

One thing I can tell you is that mixing savestates with different region ROMs is a bad idea and can definitely lead to problems on its own.
Screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/F7iGFDQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SWcGw3T.jpg

I loaded it from via in game save file, it fixes, but probably not for long.
http://i.imgur.com/wTeA9Ek.jpg

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:44 pm

Can you see if you can reproduce the issue reliably? I mean, if you start the game normally (don't load/resume from a savestate) then load an in-game save and take a specific set of actions to get it to happen predictably. If you can find something that works then you can upload the save game file (in sdcard/DraStic/backup) and instructions on how to reproduce it, and I can look at doing that to see what exactly is going wrong.

JeaneMaggie

Post by JeaneMaggie » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:05 pm

Yes, you're ROM is messed up. I doubt it's a problem with the emulator. I have a friend and two cousins all playing Magical Starsign (one with the US rom, the other with a European rom and on with the Japanese rom) and none have experienced any problems. Antipiracy has most likely been activated! This will cause the problem you listed for that specific game. You're better off deleting your ROM, dsv save file and all of the save states for that game. Download it elsewhere or obtain an unmodified ROM in another way. Have you considered dumping the ROM yourself? Use no cheats in the future, just to be safe. This could also activate antipiracy.
No. No no no no no no.