Filters causing black second screen in Drastic.

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
talos91
Filters causing black second screen in Drastic.

Post by talos91 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:18 pm

Bug report: Other than Linear and Quilez all the other drastic filters cause the second screen to appear black in my archos gamepad 2. Has anyone else experienced this bug? Is it a gpu specific issue?

Proof: with scalen2x filter: http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t53 ... w4jyes.png

Linear filter: http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t53 ... ubacrq.png

talos91

Re: Filters causing black second screen in Drastic.

Post by talos91 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:42 am

Bump. Any suggestions? Is this a known issue?

JeaneMaggie

Post by JeaneMaggie » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:54 pm

Did DraStic come bundled with this gamepad by any chance? If so, it's cracked or patched and is meant to do this on purpose.
No. No no no no no no.

talos91

Post by talos91 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:16 pm

JeaneMaggie wrote:Did DraStic come bundled with this gamepad by any chance? If so, it's cracked or patched and is meant to do this on purpose.
No it didn't come bundled, I bought it from the playstore and I can resize the window just fine, it is the filters that are causing one screen to go black. My gpu is Mali-400 MP4 btw.

JeaneMaggie

Post by JeaneMaggie » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:31 pm

talos91 wrote:
JeaneMaggie wrote:Did DraStic come bundled with this gamepad by any chance? If so, it's cracked or patched and is meant to do this on purpose.
No it didn't come bundled, I bought it from the playstore and I can resize the window just fine, it is the filters that are causing one screen to go black. My gpu is Mali-400 MP4 btw.
Sorry, can't help you there.
No. No no no no no no.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:11 pm

talos91 wrote:Bug report: Other than Linear and Quilez all the other drastic filters cause the second screen to appear black in my archos gamepad 2. Has anyone else experienced this bug? Is it a gpu specific issue?
It is very possible it might be a GPU issue seeing as Mali GPU's are not that good (I got stuck with one too, darn Samsung) and the added fact yours Mali-400 mp4 (I think your device has the 4 graphic core version) that only supports OpenGl 2.0 might be causing some of the shader issues. To be honest Lordis is the one who would know the most since he handled all the shader work for android.

talos91

Post by talos91 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:51 pm

TkSilver wrote:
talos91 wrote:Bug report: Other than Linear and Quilez all the other drastic filters cause the second screen to appear black in my archos gamepad 2. Has anyone else experienced this bug? Is it a gpu specific issue?
It is very possible it might be a GPU issue seeing as Mali GPU's are not that good (I got stuck with one too, darn Samsung) and the added fact yours Mali-400 mp4 (I think your device has the 4 graphic core version) that only supports OpenGl 2.0 might be causing some of the shader issues. To be honest Lordis is the one who would know the most since he handled all the shader work for android.
Thanks for your helpful responses unlike others, here hoping Lordis has something to say about the issue.

Dare King

Post by Dare King » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:47 pm

This error is likly caused by a cheat code error,maybe drasic could not handleThe codeor its source and the game could be broken

talos91

Post by talos91 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:22 pm

The weird thing is when I open the options menu you can see both screens fine.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Can anyone check if it happens or not on any other Mali-400 devices? Lordus should have some he can check on too, but the more the better...

It shouldn't be an issue that it doesn't support OpenGL ES 2.0. What could be an issue for some shaders is that Mali-400 only has 16-bit floating point precision in fragment shading. But there really shouldn't ever be a situation where it works on one of the screens and not the other. And in the screenshot it looks like it's working fine on the other screen.