Filters causing black second screen in Drastic.

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Kyousuke753
Re: Filters causing black second screen in Drastic.

Post by Kyousuke753 » Tue May 03, 2016 7:59 am

I play Drastic with HR 3D Render+MT 3D Render+0 FS...but the second I apply any Filter to any 3D game it starts to lag...so I can't use any Filter ATM.

with HR 3D Render+MT 3D Render+0 FS= 60 FPS buttery smooth no lag and the sound quality is fine it doesn't break also emulation always says 100% and never drops.

But with HR 3D Render+MT 3D Render+0 FS+any >FILTER< applied= 50 FPS emulation still says between 90%-100% and starts to flicker and stutter very annoying...but oh well HR 3D is overkill anyway.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Tue May 03, 2016 9:12 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:I play Drastic with HR 3D Render+MT 3D Render+0 FS...but the second I apply any Filter to any 3D game it starts to lag...so I can't use any Filter ATM.
This generally means either you picked a filter that is kinda broken or that is overkill for a mobike device (usually only the case if 1 or only a few cause massive slowdown) or that your phone has a eeasonable cpu but your GPU is underpowered/has bad drivers/or other gpu related issue since, using filters is pretty much the only thing besides scaling the emulator output for your screen settings. Since DraStic doesn't use hardware acceleration or a GPU renderer high resolution and having Multi threading on or off only effect CPU workloads.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:17 am

Yeah my GPU is Adreno 306...so I have sacrifice good textures for High Resolution 3D just to get rid of the jaggered lines...

HR 3D R only= lag in all games

HR 3D R+ MT 3D R= no lag in games

you can't have 1 turned on and the other off.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Tue May 03, 2016 10:35 am

I can run some games in high resolution without turning on multi threaded rendering... to be honest up until the latest beta with per game settings I kept MT off since having it off causes no issues and having it on just plain breaks some games. Now I will probably go through my games and tune them each to what works the best for each.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Tue May 03, 2016 10:54 am

Comes down to phone specs and its capabilities I suppose. Even with root capabilities you can't tune the GPU, only CPU.

talos91

Post by talos91 » Tue May 03, 2016 8:10 pm

Lordus wrote:
talos91 wrote:Wow they work now man, great job! How did you fix it? Any chance on adding the natural filter to those? (From the shaders thread) Thanks a lot for fixing the filters.
The natural filter from the shaders thread shouldn't work on any device, it's completely wrong ;)
I am not sure how it's supposed to look, I only corrected the mistakes:
natural.zip
Thanks a lot again man, just tested it but the shader makes everything blurry for some reason.
The natural shader I was talking about is the one in the misc folder of the shaders.zip some anon created and posted in the shaders thread, it worked on my device but the second screen becomes tiny:
http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t53 ... sahbt6.png

Any chance you could fix that shader and the SABR v3.0 optimized 1x filter of that pack?

The pack is the one posted by xperia: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2583&start=10

Best regards.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Tue May 03, 2016 8:30 pm

talos91 wrote:Thanks a lot again man, just tested it but the shader makes everything blurry for some reason.
The natural shader I was talking about is the one in the misc folder of the shaders.zip some anon created and posted in the shaders thread, it worked on my device but the second screen becomes tiny:

Any chance you could fix that shader and the SABR v3.0 optimized 1x filter of that pack?

Best regards.
That is odd I use that exact filter it is one of my favorites... well that and the version that has the lcd 3x at the same time. Does this one cause your screen to mess up as well?

talos91

Post by talos91 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:47 pm

TkSilver wrote:
talos91 wrote:Thanks a lot again man, just tested it but the shader makes everything blurry for some reason.

Best regards.
That is odd I use that exact filter it is one of my favorites... well that and the version that has the lcd 3x at the same time. Does this one cause your screen to mess up as well?
The lcd 3x works perfectly in my device without any bugs, I assume that bug is caused by whatever caused the other filters to make the second screen go black before lordus fixed it.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Wed May 04, 2016 7:55 am

talos91 wrote: Thanks a lot again man, just tested it but the shader makes everything blurry for some reason.
The misc/natural shader from the shaders.zip is exactly the one I fixed. Whatever it looked like before on your device (or any device) could only have been random, because it was using variables that are simply not defined by the app at all.

talos91

Post by talos91 » Thu May 05, 2016 6:37 pm

Lordus wrote:
talos91 wrote: Thanks a lot again man, just tested it but the shader makes everything blurry for some reason.
The misc/natural shader from the shaders.zip is exactly the one I fixed. Whatever it looked like before on your device (or any device) could only have been random, because it was using variables that are simply not defined by the app at all.
Ok thanks for the info, what about the SABR v3.0 optimized 1x is it broken too? It makes games look awesome but it makes the second screen black too.