[GUIDE] How to add cheats to be used on DraStic

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Neptune
[GUIDE] How to add cheats to be used on DraStic

Post by Neptune » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:53 am

First I want to apologize if this is in the wrong area but i'm sure with the popularity of this emulator grows guides like this might be needed so why not just make it now so it makes life easier for everyone.

This guide is designed to show you how to add cheats to be used on DraStic and it only requires several programs and a little patience. Also this isn't a request thread so if you want a certain cheat code then please look elsewhere.

REQUIRED FILES: 1. Getting started

Please download the the files required and be sure to make a backup of them incase you lose something.

2. Finding the game ID

You need R4CCE.exe so be sure to download it if you haven't already. This program is used to finding the GAME ID for the ROM that you want to add cheats to. Its also the program that you'll be using to edit usrcheat.dat or cheat.dat, depending on which of the 2 DATs that is usable but I think only usrcheat.dat can be used with DraStic.

1. What to do:
  2. Run the program
  3. Click the blue R4 icon then click ADD GAME
  4. Click the "..." button next to the "Dup?" button
  5. Locate the ROM you wish to add cheats to then open it
  6. See and take note of the GAME ID as shown in the picture below marked in the red and green box then be sure to tick the Game Enable box
  7. Now save if you wish but its time to add some cheats

3. Adding your cheats
  • Choose and expand one of the folders you see with the game you want, if it isn't there then add it by referring to part 1 above
  • You should be then met with a screen similar or exactly like this one
  • Then select the code you want to edit or add a new one
  1. After this all you need to do is have the cheat you want then paste it in the box under "code List"
  2. Be sure to name it something easy to remember otherwise you might select the wrong code
  3. If you wish to make it cleaner then you can put them in folders by selecting "Add Folder"
  4. Then drag and drop the code within the list to the preferred folder
  5. Now go to "file" and then "save" to save your updated usrcheat.dat
4. Adding it to your phone
  1. All you need to do now is copy it to your phone so first copy it to the root of your Internal storage/SD card
  2. Then select move or copy
  3. Open up your folder called "DraStic" then paste your usrcheat.dat and overwrite if needed
  4. All you have to do now is load up DraStic and your game and select your cheat.
This guide is a work in progress and I made this as quickly as I could so it can help anyone who needs it and I will go back and typeset this later to make it cleaner with screenshots for the on phone section as well since i'm quite busy at the moment, also keep in mind if your cheat doesn't work then the game will either crash or nothing happens, be sure to check your game region when finding your codes. Just a request but if this could be stickyed then it would be much appreciated since it would help those.

Edit to add the accommodate changes in 2.1.3a
Last edited by Neptune on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay Haru

Re: [GUIDE] How to add cheats to be used on DraStic

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:57 am

Nice post! Thot this will be another one of those bemoaning on how to add cheats. Thanks as we can use this for reference.
Behold my mighty

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:59 am

Jay Haru wrote:Nice post! Thot this will be another one of those bemoaning on how to add cheats. Thanks as we can use this for reference.
Just thought I help out a little since usually I see threads asking how to do X and then having people repeat the same thing over and over. If you want to see more guides then feel free to tell me and i'll do my best to make them.

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:02 pm

Thanks so much, I'm gonna direct all noobs to this thread.. Awesome job!

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:27 pm

Thank you very much. Adding to the FAQ and stickying.

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:03 pm

Cool this should answer many questions

danishdhanshe

Post by danishdhanshe » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:31 am

Isn't there an easier method like entering it directly using copy paste from phone?
Its really painful to connect to PC, add a cheat, play, add another if you need!

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:37 am

danishdhanshe wrote:Isn't there an easier method like entering it directly using copy paste from phone?
Its really painful to connect to PC, add a cheat, play, add another if you need!
There isn't yet, but it is something we'll be adding later. Right now this is just a workaround.

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:55 am

danishdhanshe wrote:Isn't there an easier method like entering it directly using copy paste from phone?
I'm currently exploring a third party method to do this but so far there isn't any.
Exophase wrote:
There isn't yet, but it is something we'll be adding later. Right now this is just a workaround.
If its okay with you then when the feature is implemented i'll update the guide and add it in as another method of adding, if not then thats okay since I made this really just to help others.

slamandar

Post by slamandar » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:05 pm

this is a tutorial about using cheats on Drastic emulator :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pVC8rYY ... snDuXMUdTQ
Sorry if my English is bad, I'm French !