Moga Compatibility Issue

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
kaikun97
Re: Moga Compatibility Issue

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:59 am

Lordus wrote:Just tested the Pocket with the universal driver and could map it normally. Are you using the latest beta?
2.4.0.0a could have broken this, but versions before and after should allow it.
works now

Felix_Nix

Post by Felix_Nix » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:31 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
Felix_Nix wrote:Any other suggestions, or should I just contact the team directly?
BTW, you WERE talking to the team. Exophase is the main creator of DraStic, and Lordus ported the emulator to Android.
The rest of us mainly resolve problems with the app, beta-test new builds, and scold people who download cracked versions.
Oh. I had no idea. Great app guys, seriously. My DS broke a couple years back, and so all I've been able to do is port ROMS of my old games, but I still didn't have a way to carry it with me. Now I do, and you guys are awesome.
"Did you just fall?"
"No, I attacked the floor"
"Backwards?"
"Yeah, I'm damn talented"

Felix_Nix

Post by Felix_Nix » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:11 pm

Lordus wrote:Just tested the Pocket with the universal driver and could map it normally. Are you using the latest beta?
I went to the beta page, and it didn't let me dl it. Still not giving me the option to use default MOGA mapping.
"Did you just fall?"
"Backwards?"

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:22 am

There's nothing to download on the beta page. You just need to join the beta Google group, opt in for beta testing, then re-install the app from Google Play.

Destany89

Post by Destany89 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:11 am

How do I join beta Google group? I'm a noon with Google groups and beta. I'm having the same problem both moha and drastic is fully up to date. I have moga universal and moga vk and been fiddling and Googling tobsee what I missed. It does show up in making and when I configure the buttons I press x and it takes it then after that it stops responding to moga. I have lg g3 of that anything? I just updated drastic today because I was in the mood again to play a ds game and it's not taking moga like it used to. Drastic will take my keyboard but it moga.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:19 am

Felix_Nix wrote:
I went to the beta page, and it didn't let me dl it. Still not giving me the option to use default MOGA mapping.
Just use MOGA Pivot and the default mapping

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:20 am

Destany89 wrote:How do I join beta Google group? I'm a noon with Google groups and beta. I'm having the same problem both moha and drastic is fully up to date. I have moga universal and moga vk and been fiddling and Googling tobsee what I missed. It does show up in making and when I configure the buttons I press x and it takes it then after that it stops responding to moga. I have lg g3 of that anything? I just updated drastic today because I was in the mood again to play a ds game and it's not taking moga like it used to. Drastic will take my keyboard but it moga.
Try MOGA Pivot app instead

Felix_Nix

Post by Felix_Nix » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:51 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
Not giving me an option for the default moga mapping, I don't know how to be any clearer. The option just is not there. The only way on my machine currently to map the controller is not reading the buttons. That's why it's an issue.

I'm going to try the beta, now that I see what I'm supposed to be doing to join it. I'll see if that gives me the option for MOGA mapping, and if so, I'll post it here. Thanks for the support guys :)
"Did you just fall?"
"Backwards?"

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:57 am

Felix_Nix wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:
Not giving me an option for the default moga mapping, I don't know how to be any clearer. The option just is not there. The only way on my machine currently to map the controller is not reading the buttons. That's why it's an issue.

I'm going to try the beta, now that I see what I'm supposed to be doing to join it. I'll see if that gives me the option for MOGA mapping, and if so, I'll post it here. Thanks for the support guys :)
Use MOGA Universal driver then instead. that makes the MOGA controller into a standard android IME and you can map them that way

Felix_Nix

Post by Felix_Nix » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:19 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
Felix_Nix wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:

Use MOGA Universal driver then instead. that makes the MOGA controller into a standard android IME and you can map them that way
Tried that too. I'm in tech support, so before contacting tech support, I try everything I can. Looked up youtube videos, and looked at the old way, tried using the universal driver, and using it as a vkb, worked on mame, but not on drastic, so I had to contact the team.

Update: Downloaded the beta, finally got the ability to update after like 4 hours yesterday, tried MOGA after, and it works fine. You guys rock.
"Did you just fall?"
"Backwards?"