[bug]Hey guys, check out this rad magic trick!

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
AsHperson
[bug]Hey guys, check out this rad magic trick!

Post by AsHperson » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:36 pm

Hey guys. Check out this sweet magic trick. Remember how theres these things called sprites in video games? Yeah, I made them all put on a cloak of invisibility, how boss is that?!
Out-of-joke: this is some random bug I encountered after a battle in union cave in Pokemon HeartGold where the battle right before, had the stats of each Pokemon blacked out but the battles before, the stats were not blacked out. After I walked around a bit after the bug happened(presumably the start of a battle) the came crashed and pushed me to the title screen of DraStic.
Screenshot_2013-08-17-17-28-04.png
Screenshot_2013-08-17-17-28-04.png (241.9KiB)Viewed 10878 times

beansta

Re: [bug]Hey guys, check out this rad magic trick!

Post by beansta » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Are you using a savestate from the original version or 2.1.1a version of drastic? (This bug was actually patched in 2.1.2a btw)
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:35 pm

beansta wrote:Are you using a savestate from the original version or 2.1.1a version of drastic? (This bug was actually patched in 2.1.2a btw)
I've been using 2.1.2a for a while now so the savestate should have been updated or something. Anyways, it hasn't happened a second time yet.

Huntereb

Post by Huntereb » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:55 am

This happens far too much in almost every Pokemon game (Except B/W and B2/W2). The game acts like the rom has been completely unloaded, and is unable to load anymore data. It usually happens to me after switching rooms or returning to the map from a battle. Sometimes you get what's pictured above, and other times you get every sprite being replaced with a corrupted sprite using the wrong color pallet (I've experienced both of these).

A fix would be fantastic, as I've never noticed this on other emulators. Though, I've never really done a whole playthrough of a game on another emulator. Next time you see this though, try creating a save state when it happens, then unload the game and load it again from that savestate and see if the problem still persists. If it doesn't, then we've discovered a simple work-around.

Sean

Post by Sean » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:09 am

On soulsilver, ecruteak city does this every single time you leave the pokemon center and some other buildings. I think this is the only spoylt I've experienced this, i've played through to the point where you get the red gyrados with no other major bugs.

beansta

Post by beansta » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:17 am

Yeah my sprites dont glitch out anymore. Was only really experiencing it near the whirl islands.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

onesixnine

Post by onesixnine » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:58 pm

I am also facing the same bug in Soulsilver, its funny that it happens only when I beat the onix trainer in the cave then it starts glitching. Also happening in platinum. It was running well before the update but after the update it just started to crash frequently. Hopefully thr developer will see into it and if needed I can provide any type of assistance.