Start/Select Problem - Pokemon Black Edition

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
egongabaldo
Start/Select Problem - Pokemon Black Edition

Post by egongabaldo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:34 am

Hello, I'm playing Pokemon Black Edition and the Start button, no matter what I do doesn't work... anyone knows how to fix it?
Last edited by egongabaldo on Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ericbazinga

Re: Start Problem

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:39 pm

egongabaldo wrote:Hello, I'm playing Pokemon Black Edition and the Start button, no matter what I do doesn't work... anyone knows how to fix it?
Are you trying to access the menu while playing?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

egongabaldo

Re: Start Problem

Post by egongabaldo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Yeah, but I saw the config button that I think might disable the start/select button while I'm playing, so I "stopped" the emulation and try the access through the Start Button on the wheel menu. Doesn't worked too... It happens only when I play Pokemon Black Edition.

reeve

Re: Start/Select Problem - Pokemon Black Edition

Post by reeve » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:36 pm

Copied from the FAQ:
Q: Pressing start isn't bringing up the menu in Pokemon games. This is the emulator's fault, you need to fix it, and I hate you.
A: Actually, by default start never did anything in the games, although there's an option to change the controls to do this. To bring up the menu you're supposed to press X. Blame Nintendo.

egongabaldo

Post by egongabaldo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:29 pm

Hahahaha I feel very dumb right now... Sorry for the noob question. Anyway, thx! Worked haha

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:00 pm

egongabaldo wrote:Hahahaha I feel very dumb right now... Sorry for the noob question. Anyway, thx! Worked haha
Don't feel too dumb frequently asked questions (faqs) exist because people frequently ask those questions. Next time you have an issue though for anything before posting on a forum check the stickies, might save you some time and embarrassment.