Final fantasy tacticsA2

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Arkvalth
Final fantasy tacticsA2

Post by Arkvalth » Mon May 25, 2015 1:35 pm

I'm trying to play Final fantasy tacticsA2 in your emulator, and it runs really great, but, some of the effects in the game are cut in half and there is a line in the upper screen, not that it prevent me from playing, but it kinda makes it hard to have the best experience in the game.

I'd like to both thanks for the awesome emulator, and ask for a fix in this problem cause it's awful to see that damn line in my screen

Arkvalth

Re: Final fantasy tacticsA2

Post by Arkvalth » Mon May 25, 2015 2:46 pm

just tried it still has the same visual glitches, the magics still with a problem in the effect and the line in the upper screen
Last edited by Arkvalth on Mon May 25, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon May 25, 2015 3:24 pm

Arkvalth wrote:I'm trying to play Final fantasy tacticsA2 in your emulator, and it runs really great, but, some of the effects in the game are cut in half and there is a line in the upper screen, not that it prevent me from playing, but it kinda makes it hard to have the best experience in the game.

I'd like to both thanks for the awesome emulator, and ask for a fix in this problem cause it's awful to see that damn line in my screen
Try turning on Multi-Threaded 3D Rendering. You have to exit DraStic by tapping on the 'Exit DraStic' button in the main menu in order for it to take effect. (Exiting in any other way WILL NOT WORK.) Also, keep in mind that Multi-Threaded 3D Rendering can (and will) cause problems in other DS games, so try turning that off (using the same method I mentioned earlier in this post) before asking for help.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Arkvalth

Post by Arkvalth » Mon May 25, 2015 3:45 pm

nope didn't worked, and I followed your instructions

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon May 25, 2015 4:08 pm

Can you give a savestate and instructions on how to reproduce with a specific description of where the problem is?

Arkvalth

Post by Arkvalth » Mon May 25, 2015 4:42 pm

the problem occurs in every battle, near the characters feet,
and the Magick glitch in cura and it seems some others spells, not all the time, but mostly when the character is in a higher ground, it displays a shine of the spell cut in half and in the middle of nowhere

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Mon May 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Exo I might have some cheats enabled on this save (personal run not really fpr debugging) but this is not sometimg effected by them. I figured it was probably natural in the cart that got blown up when scaling to a higher rez screen.

Just load the savestate and look at the top screen there is a line of missing pixels right at the bottom of the feet through the shadow too. Happens for every sprite in that line (turn order line)

As for the magic issue I personally have not seen it, so I can not help.

It also happens on the rom ripped straight from my cart so I made the save state from a more common rom just in case I rip oddly and the state would not be compatable.
Attachments
2384 - Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - Grimoire of the Rift (U)(Independent)_1.dss
(1.66MiB)Downloaded 370 times

Arkvalth

Post by Arkvalth » Tue May 26, 2015 12:03 pm

here is my savestate, by using cure the effect is a little bugged in the right side, it looks like there is is a division in it, and there is a line in the character feet at the upper screen
Attachments
tmp_14700-2384 - Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - Grimoire of the Rift (U)(Independent)_1-1864411769.dss
(1.66MiB)Downloaded 383 times

zelda's ocarina

Post by zelda's ocarina » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:22 am

it's your device. mine doesn't any issues at all.

Arkvalth

Post by Arkvalth » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:07 pm

it's a galaxy S5 and I just took it out of the box