I can't load sims 3

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
ericbazinga
Re: I can't load sims 3

Post by ericbazinga » Sat May 09, 2015 9:41 pm

Sean wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:In my opinion, downloading a game from a ROM site IS legal, as long as you own an actual copy of the same game (and I do).
It's not a matter of opinion. I don't want to get off-topic and start a huge discussion, but on the official Nintendo website (https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp) it states:
There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.
Anyways, let's get back on topic now.
Whatever. You win, now let's figure out this problem.
I think what would be helpful would be a little more input from the guy who was having the issue. (hint hint, brineymylaavs)

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Sean

Post by Sean » Sat May 09, 2015 10:33 pm

I think the first reply to the question was the answer the asker needed. Either the rom needs to be decrypted or they need to dump BIOS to allow encrypted roms to run.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sat May 09, 2015 10:47 pm

Sean wrote:I think the first reply to the question was the answer the asker needed. Either the rom needs to be decrypted or they need to dump BIOS to allow encrypted roms to run.
Well, the question is, did that work?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon May 11, 2015 10:22 am

ericbazinga wrote:
brineymylaavs wrote:sims 3 is encrypted. how can I decrypt it? please help.. :(
What's the file type (i.e. .nds, .zip, .7zip, .rar)?
brineymylavvs replied to my post in a private message:
brineymylaavs wrote: it's rar.
I suggested to decrypt the file.
ericbazinga wrote:You'll want to decrypt it. I'd reccommend stripping it down to the bare .nds file. To do this you'd need 7-zip
File Manager, but for convenience i'd use the B1 Free Archiver (http://online.b1.org/online), which runs entirely in-browser.